banning hgv's in london / cities

scaffy 1980

Reaction score
Just watching the one show on bbc, and they've just done a piece on cyclists v hgv's in our capital. There's now a debate going on as to wether they're going to ban hgv's in cities at peak times. Now are these halfwits realy that thick....by banning hgvs the economy will suffer, how do they think the cities will operate without hgvs?.
Every sector would suffer without hgvs, construction, retail, food and petrol stations wouldnt get the service thats required. The government wants the economy to get better yet they come up with this hair brained idea.

they will put it all on the underground trains,i wouldn't want to be a scaff carrying all the gear up out them places,then down the rd to the job.:D

What is hgv actually classed as ie weight/size of the lorry? I mean when I think of it I think of 18 tonners and upwards, could you imagine all the gear coming out in 7.5 tonners that would treble the traffic as you would need 3 bringing gear to the site

I think they class 7.5t as hgv bobby. I think on your license is classed as hgv 1,2 or 3. But not 100% sure.

Ahhhh you see....all you city boys need the big macho wagons, bigger the wagon...smaller the wedding tackle.....lol.
Na no what you mean pal, it would feck it up all over.

lets say you have an hgv carrying 26 tonnes and the stupid numpty cyclist win their way this will take 26 1tonne tranny vans to make the load to its destination and with all this tax in London with the lez compliance isn't this increasing the volume of traffic and contributing more to the carbon foot print and not reducing it.
Its it me but is our country going fecken mad tell you what if there is that many cyclist in London let them drag a one tonne pallet behind them soon change their minds then about 4 years ago when the haulage was close to a strike I read the statistics and without any haulage London only as 3 days supplies these bandy legged lycra wearing feks should be banned off the road they have no respect for the highway code no insurance no fecken road tax no indicators and no respect for pedestrians they all shoot about because of the northen cock monkey sir Bradley fecken wiggins thinking they are the next olmpic champ ban the cyclist these tight fisted gits get on my nerves

not a chance supa be watching the news though if he falls off

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

that's correct 80ty you have to take a test now for the noddy wagons

So are they going to ban buses and coaches at peak times as well?or are they not a threat to the right to ride brigade?

They wont ban them bigfish cos they earn the city money. And they defo wont ban the boris bikes, but saying that when i were down old londonstan for two weeks i hardly saw anyone on them...waste of tax payers money again.

What bout fire engines? Arnt they classed as a hgv.

London is rammed to fuc k with half wit cyclists , i have lost count the amount of times i have almost gone over the fu ckers ,their favorite trick is to creep up the inside of you at lights or crossings when your trying to watch the other traffic and pedestrians , then as you take of the wanke rs start shouting and crying that you almost killed them LOL .
All bikes should have to have insurance and pay road tax and obey the rules same as the rest of us , i have put a video camera on the windscreen of my lorry for my own protection just in case i do finally hit one of the t ossers , believe me lads as a 18 tonne lorry driver , driving a lorry in London is a nightmare if i can upload some footage from my windscreen camera i will just to show you what the poor old driver has to put up with while the lads are snoring their heads away beside you :)

anything from 7.5 tonne upwards is HGV

I think they class 7.5t as hgv bobby. I think on your license is classed as hgv 1,2 or 3. But not 100% sure.

7.5tonners are LGV.
HGV CLASS2 all rigid everything over7.5 -27tn
HGV CLASS1 artics

Theres been loads of deaths recently & the tv & radios full of blame,but lets face it,we r not holland or beyjing & with our traffic infastructure never will be. But the education & training on the highway code is the main thing that needs to be addressed, & tbh i dont think it would do them any harm to pay for & display some form of insurance/tax disc - the revenue of which could then be used to make better bike paths & get em off the road altogether

6 deaths in a week in London . Cyclists are a law unto themselves I'm surprised it's only 6. They should be made to take a test before being allowed to mix it with other road users, the only good cyclist is under the wheels of a 18 tonner :D

London is spending millions on cyclists next year,WHY? They contribute fukk all in road tax or insurance people are bending over backward for them.Simple answer make them all take out insurance before they take to the roads see how many are using bikes then.You hit a cyclist big claim on your insurance.they hit you and cause damage to your vehicle fukk all off them ,you have to claim of your own insurance up go your premiums frigin joke. Liverpool is no way as bad as London for the fukkers,but the ones you do see are a pain in the arse.Ban the fukkin lot!!

Top Bottom