bank holidays 2012

dico

Reaction score
well just had a look at the olde calender for may holidays aparently theres one for may 7th and theres one for june the 4th instead of the end of may and the queens jubilee is on the 5th so if thats a bank holiday as well does that mean you get 8hrs or is it down to the employer or will we all be working???

As far as I can make out Dico they have moved one of the bank holiday's to accommodate the jubilee, nothing lost or gained just moved. The Royal wedding was down to employers discretion but not this.

monday 4th of june down as public holiday which is fine theve made it a week later but!! the queens diamond jubilee is on the following day tuesday the 5th so i take it this is down to the employees discrestion aswell!!!

1 thing is for sure if ya can take the jabalee off like you could the wedding at our spot if ya want it off ya dnt get paid weel 3 out or 14 worked it me been 1 of them he give us a list to do and said that will last us the day he kept visiting us donmt trust no 1 wel we had them done by dinner ..... He then give us a nother job was done by 2 and then gave us another little job to strip and was down just after 3 2 min drive and then i was dropped off fort after 12 we were getting a flyer for finishing the list but no was there till 3 let us go 1.5 ours earlier than any fir and got paid till 3 so he can stick this yan right up his arse after getting 3 more jobs out of us than normall and then paying us till 3 he can awe to fuk lol

nothing worse than being told you got a flyer then being thumped in the face by a large lump off bulls!it makes you wana jump ship!!!! why sweat when your bullshi!ted 2!!!

I KNOW WHAT YA SAYING DICO BUT ONYLY HALF QUALLY FIED WHICH MEANS SH1T THEVE PUT ME ON MY PART 2 JUNE JULY SO THEY SAY ONYL TIME WILL TELL BHUT I CAN GUAREENTEE YA IF I INT ON IT WEEKND ENDING END OF JUNE I WONT BE BACK MARRA THEY KNOW THIS AND I KNOW IT I TRIED JUMPING AND THEY REELED ME BACK IN WITH THE PART 2 CRK NOT ARSED ITHER WAY MONEYS THERE FOR IT BUT RATHER HAVE IT WAS GOING TO SAY FOR NOWT BUT KICKED MY PAN IN FOR 2 YEARS FOR THEM FOR PITENCE AND WITH CRKS LIKE THAT I NMORE THAN DESERVE IT MARRA LOL AND 1 GOT PART 2 ILL BE RIDING OUT IN TO THE SUN SET YEEEHHHAAAA :p

One word of warning scaff1989, if you were going in June or July you should have an exact date by now, I would give the gaffer a wee shove marra.;)

The may day bank holiday (07/05/12) is as normal which you should be paid 8 hours and the day off.
The spring bank holiday was the (28/05/12) as now been brought forward to the (04/06/12) and you should be paid 8 hours and the day off.
The golden jubilee is (05/06/12) and it is up to your employer if he or she gives you the day off and also if he or she pays you or not. It is not compulsory for him or her to do so.

Gonna ring the centre this week and see if its running they did tell em when i foned in jan feb that it was penciled in for end of june start of july so ill give them a ring see igf its confirmed and ask if any 1 from my spot is on it if not got sumet to go in and fire at them, but ya never know wid our spot its all brown envolops and last lad to go threw his tickets kicked off about them as when he strted he said same he was here to get a trade and the next day gaffer came out and said ya part 1's on monday probbly luck that iot feel so soon and brown envolope helped him squeez him in am guessing but cheers aom either way am not that arse as me bro havign a word with his gaffer for shut down starting end of july guranteed end of july is every year so if they dont and i do get a start with in 3 4 week all be bk up to speed wid wages after av paid for it my sell with doubble time and so on and that fact as on pennies now lol i but cheers marra

No bother, I hope you are booked on but good to know you have a plan B.

Do you reckon that's why the gaffer doesn't put you all through your ticket's cos he thinks as soon as you have them you will all be off?

Top Bottom