bae-set-to-cut-1000-jobs-at-glasgow-and-portsmouth-shipyards

The potential for disaster here is fairly large for more than just the people who face losing their jobs.

Just reported ship building to stop altogether in Portsmouth, how much profit did bae make last year!:mad:

I think BAE were wanting the government to bring forward the dates of upcoming contracts but with the Scottish referendum coming up politics will play a key part in this.

[FONT=&quot]Very Sad news for those directly involved, and all the others that will be indirectly affected. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This type of job loss as happened before and will happen again.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The buck stops with the Governments we have elected. The vast majority of our MP,s are not fit for purpose. In this country decisions are being made by a “Political class” Prep school, Public School, Eton or Harrow, few years as a lobbyist or advisor, tell a few porkies and get your self elected with the help of your old school friends. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The above statement applies to all the major political parties. It is a career choice, a job, to get on the gravy train for a few years, or many years in some cases. There is no passion, no loyalty to the electorate or the mandates they are elected upon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is time our politicians realise we are a bit player on the worlds stage, stop pretending we are Great Britain . We are the United Kingdom (for the noo).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stop accepting all and sundry to our shores,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stop getting involved in foreign conflicts [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stop financing, Alkies, druggies, work shy and idle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stop trying to be the cleanest (carbon emissions) nation on earth[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start making “the punishment fit the crime” with judges that have some grip on reality[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start looking after the hard working people of this land[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start building an infrastructure (roads ,rail, air) fit for purpose [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start a National house building and Schools program. Run by the government and “not for profit”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bit of a rant I am afraid, but I am so frustrated at the apathy of our so called leaders I sincerely believe the majority of our MP,s are off in LA LA Land.[/FONT]

I think that about covers it Rigger.

BAE in my opinion is another big corporation that holds our Government to Ransom while only building for the MOD instead of looking for other shipbuilding projects to keep the order books full
The likes of CUNARD and P&O make big hoo has of the launch of their massive liners making their maiden voyages from Southampton sailing under the UNION FLAG but built in italy france and germany :mad:

Be funny if the tartan army do fuk us off, imagine bid dave asking alex salmond if we can have our new navy back and fill em up before you drop em off, mindboggling :wacko:

Technically speaking joe its not your(presumably engerlund) Navy its the royal navy and if wee Eck and his halfwit Bravehearts think they will win the vote i personally think he should go home to think again
Always remember it was a Scot who united the Crowns and made it Great Britain

800 JOBS GOING UP HERE AS WELL this should be about working men and women loosing their jobs as you have stated previously on threads DONT BELEIVE THE HYPE;)

Hopefully my da keeps his job , he wants independence . A dont . No vote is 1 to 6 on in bookies. Yes is 9/2. A tried to put 3 grand on conservs at last election in milton keynes bookies and they wouldnt take it. I was lucky. Snp will be as bad as the rest they want power and theyll just look after the rich and **** the workin man , some nasty stuff goes on with these ***** in aberdeen

Last edited:
BAE ARE HOLDING THE COUNTRY TO RANSOM
THEY DID IT WITH THE JET FIGHTERS
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT ONE THEY FELL OUT WITH THE GOVERNMENT AND SHUT A FACTORY DOWN IN YORKSHIRE I THINK(RIPPON ?)
they bought up just about every yard in GB and stole every order going then hit the Governments with overheads and excess bills
THERE IS NO COMPETITION THEY HAVE A FREE REIGN;)

One word for the military....procurement, you could keep every soldier being made redundant, pay for all the countries needs comfortably if the procurement of military goods was put under a microscope, the numbers are mindboggling , happys right its the private compaies charging ridiculous amounts, and the mod paying for it because ex majors etc get jobs in the private sector afterwards...those aircraft carriers have doubled in price since brown commissioned them, lining the pockets of rich people with no competition !

Top Bottom