I would not be turning a spanner for a living

Just wanted to find out why having done an
Assessed route I need to do portfolio I did
It in 06 and I still ain't done it so no card. Been
Scaffolding 17 years thought whole point of an assessed
Route is that your assessed to make sure you are competent
And then issued your scaffolders card like every bloke I know
Who did a assessed route

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Like I said if I was good At paperwork I would not
Be turning a spanner for a living

Yes I did and I got my card application back
Telling me I had to complete an nvq which
Is the portfolio before I could get my card

You should be able to go to the training centre where you completed your training & ask them for a witness testimony & any work base evidence they have when you was on your training, this will give you a good start with your portfolio

listen mate there is no easy route to this situation think you can get funding for your nvq plus there is no point in getting angry at least you will have satisfaction in achieving your nvq good luck scaff

Did you produce your evidence of types of jobs completed,and a 10 yr checkable work history,prior to doing the course.I done the course in 2006 same as you,and my NVQ came at the same time as ticket,seems strange that you completed the course and werent issued with either..

I did my assessed route coz I couldnt get any employers at the time to go througth all the paper work and sign each page, so its not just a case of if you are incompetent with paper work but if you can get someone to sign all the evidence as well.
So i did my assessed route and coz im self employed now, i couldnt get no one to sign the paper work coz im my own boss so the guy at CITB tells me to get my labourer to sign it and say he`s my partner. so the moral of the story is any numb nuts can sign your paper work and if you pay up £1000 you should get your card

This is what I thought would happen do assessed route
Get card not have to do portfolio to get my card
I have never heard of citb since I did the course
now I either have to do portfolio or an osat at 800 quid

I done the Assesses route 5 years ago at Erith , done my portfolio , and NVQ and got my card through the post 2 months later

wa hay i done my assesed route in 97 , loved it , yeh had ticket within a month no portfolios then just a book that i signed off my self

Did the assessed route myself in 2001, off my head both saturday mornings from the mandatory coke session that I used to partake in on a friday after work.

Just spoke to Cisrs and there telling me
I can do nvq 3 10 day course then I will
Only have to do one portfolio and skip having
To do part1 and 2 portfolio

Top Bottom