Are Builders really this dumb

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
Got a call from a builder this morning that the tempory roof was deflected ,
rushed over there to find the WAN**** had hung a block and tackle and where lifting a steel weighing 800 kg on it , they got scared when the roof truss started to bend and stopped and called us to come and sort it out :mad::mad::mad:

as long as the builder learns from it ......... i expect he thinks he can save some money but he can factor it in next time

they never seem to learn though. no matter how many times you tell various trades to be careful with their weight loadings or to just basically not interfere with the scaffold itself they still dont listen.

the fact that they are builders proves they have a basic knowledge of loadings and stuff otherwise they wouldnt be able to build things.

basically they are just fcukin ignorant they know it might or might not cause the scaffold to buckle or slip or drop etc etc but they just get on an do it anyway then get on the blower telling load of porkie pies. i would of called round seen the damage explained what the safety implications were etc etc put a do not use sign on scaffold then told him we were rushed off our tiny feet it will be 3 or 4 days before we can sort it , its gonna take a whole day for 3 men and the beams £250-00 :D

We do work for a few small builders and they seem to think that the scaffold is theirs to do with what they want, half of them cant speak English and the ones that can are halfwits i stopped doing work for 2 builders last year for this very reason , i dont want my lads working with these idiots , plus when something does go wrong HSE are all over the scaffolders because the builders have FU**** of back to where ever they come from ,
1 of my lads phone me to say that a hod carrier was drinking T-super at 7.30 in the morning on site so i phoned the site agent and he said
"i will have a word with him"
so i pulled my lads of site till the hoddie was gone
why are these areshole builders not monitored more closley by the HSE like us scaffolders

Quite simple Philious, The British laws are only applied to British Nationals

The comers in do not understand are ways and are thus not persecuted 24/7 by one set of w*nkers or another, and anyway it is to much hassle to take any action against them

Same this end Phill, probably the same the country over. I don't know what the answer is. The executive visited one of my small jobs a week or two ago and everything was fine no complaints at all. I went down about 4 day's later to speak to the guy about another job and the scaffold was destroyed, when I challenged him he blamed the rough casters and said it was not his fault. I tried to explain his responsibilities to him and all I got was the blank stare. These guy's need educated.

Top Bottom