Apprenticeships

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Just taken on a lad who has a Construction Apprenticeship Scheme - certificate of completion in Accessing and Rigging:)

Great I thought a well trained lad, only trouble is he had no card

so

Just rang CISRS & CSKILLS to see which card he can have

only a Scaffold LABOURERS card thay said :mad:

WTF is this a waste of time or what

Is this right or not?

So if certificate details are correct, I assume (dangerous move) he will need to complete his NVQ or QCF. not to hard as it will have been nearly finished in classroom.

Failing that, he might just have sat in classroom and played with his phone,

But lets hope he will be another good un, who's made good use of free training.

Our young uns get their pt 2 card when after 2 years they complete their apprenticeship in access and rigging:wondering:

Got lads on my old firm few years doin it an fully ticketed but have no clue they even sent the lad from the yard on his ticket only bin out a few time he said to the boss wats the point I can't put a scaffold up but I can f u cking paint it lol

How long was the course and where did he sit it?

Sounds about right. I have never heard of the course hence the question. I'm the same as you BF, boy's get their card almost automatically.

What he has is a Diploma in Access and Rigging it not worth a Tommy Tank.This how the firms can claim the grants from C SKILLS. It means he has not completed the portfolio to be able to claim his CISRS card

Why offer it if it's sh1t? That's where the system falls down for me, firms just interested in the cash. So part 2 assessment and he would be good to go?

He has complete a part 1 A/B part 2 A/B final Assessment leaving him to complete his portfolio for him to gain his CISRS scaffolder card. I do not make the rules i just work for them.

No one was having a dig Instructor, if it's just a portfolio he needs then that is not so bad. How long does these diploma's take?

Diploma takes 18 months to complete and is worth about £8000 per candidate to the firms. One firm in the London area sends about 20 a year to enable them to draw down the money from C SKILLS

What's the craic is it like the old full time courses or are they still back and forward?

Two weeks blocks every three months. The best young lads seem to come from the west country.

Why is that do you think?

I've kinda given up on them teaching the young team anything and now start their training once they have their cards.

Top Bottom