anybody know ?

frenchy

Reaction score
hi lads can anyone tell me if there are any regulations that state how long a job can be standing or dose it have to be dismanteld and re erected if still in use after a certein time thanks

iam not sure mate but we have a job on xtra hire for 18 months now ,it is down to the customer to make sure it is inspected on a weekly basis and that it is fit for the purpose.

Palmers had a job up for 15 odd years down on southampton hospital:D

There are some jobs on the Corus Site at Teesside that have been up in excess of 20 Years !!

hi lads can anyone tell me if there are any regulations that state how long a job can be standing or dose it have to be dismanteld and re erected if still in use after a certein time thanks

Were you just asking from interest Frenchy or was there a situation at work?

I would imagine if it is regulary inspected and maintained including replacing boards if required, and in the event pre mid 90's, installing a mid rail.

There is currently a Temporary Roof structure over an archealogical dig site in Southampton that has been in situe for the last 27-years. During that time it has been overhauled on 3 x occassions.

The last time being 2009 to take account of TG20:08 design requirements. The structure contains 20 x chords of Mod beams, spanning approx. 20m and each and every nut & bolt set needed to be burnt/ground out and replaced.

As far as I know it is still going strong!

Kind regards

Finer

was gonna say, would be like seeing how you could put one up and it not needing all the extra gumf that is needed now

eagle star building glasgow think up over 12years wd40 didnt work,so stihl saws were used lol fittings bit rusty.

The old BS5973 Table 19 indicated that a scaffold standing over 2 years should have an increased wind factor considered within its design.

Planning permission for Temporary structures may also be required by some local authorities and your client should deal with this directly.
Although many local authorities deal with this grey area in differing ways, some say if its on hire to the client and he is paying a weekly charge, then planning would not be needed,
but if you have a sign on it, then planning would be needed!

Best bet, leave it to the client to sort!

Top Bottom