anybody heard ???

frank111

Reaction score
was lucky enough to get off last year offshore lads , but was paid off end of September , i know things are picking up , be good to hear if theres been lads taken on and for what companies , thanks lads !:blink1:

its the usual story for offshore
the summer seasons starting soon and they will all be phoning you at once.
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN FRANKY
YOUR NOT ON FOR MORE MISCHEIF MAKING ARE YOU:eek:

ahh we had a laugh
more in common than first glance would have you beleive
as long as he stays off the martinis frankys OK;)

was lucky enough to get off last year offshore lads , but was paid off end of September , i know things are picking up , be good to hear if theres been lads taken on and for what companies , thanks lads !:blink1:
Hey Frank. Im off at the moment but not hearing of take ons. A lot of projects are on hold untill all this chopper malarky is figures out . As of June this year you can only fly if you have a window seat.
I.e, 12 seater 139 choppers will become 6 seaters. L2, 18 seaters will become 13 seaters and contiuing throughout.
Pyeroy are manning up on St Furgus. Digs included. Maybe worth a call?

2 projects have been put back 6 months already.

Hey,
If any of you good chaps out there could throw some advice my way, I would be very grateful.

I'm a 28 year old part two Scaff, undergoing my advanced with full survival & boat transfer blah blah blah.
I've been trying for 16-17 months to get that first trip away offshore, be it platforms or wind farms, but to no avail.
It seems experience is key, as opposed to giving some one a chance to gain any experience.
Is there anybody having or had similar issues & can maybe give some good advice.
I'm all ears.
Many thanks.

keep plugging away dan
its not whats it cracked upto be or maybe im just cynical.the quality of human being you meet can make you think WHY FECKING BOTHER as there really are some DIRTY CRAWLING RATBAGS
The work can be good and interesting but in the last 10 years i would say the quality of MEN has dropped dramatically.You used to get deals because you covered the work but i think too often now its more INBETWEENIE than getting the cash;)
i expect a backlash:eek:

Hey,
If any of you good chaps out there could throw some advice my way, I would be very grateful.

I'm a 28 year old part two Scaff, undergoing my advanced with full survival & boat transfer blah blah blah.
I've been trying for 16-17 months to get that first trip away offshore, be it platforms or wind farms, but to no avail.
It seems experience is key, as opposed to giving some one a chance to gain any experience.
Is there anybody having or had similar issues & can maybe give some good advice.
I'm all ears.
Many thanks.

Dan if you are struggling in the UK, they love British scaffs out in Holland. If you pm me you email ill send you some details pal. Stork are looking for men for shetlands and pyeroy are after men on St Furgus.

The pool of black happy. I know how hard it was to get off, nobody helped me out. Done it all mesel and got totally fed up. But, knuckled down and badgered the b@stards till I got off ha ha.

Salamis should be manning up for Mearsk gp6 in May and cape should be manning up for a big Total project , keep calling you will get in.
Your right Happy , the quality of guys offshore is shocking at times but I blame that on the fact they haven`t been taught the game in the traditional manner, they think they know it all when in fact after 30 years in the game I am still learning new things.

Salamis should be manning up for Mearsk gp6 in May and cape should be manning up for a big Total project , keep calling you will get in.
Your right Happy , the quality of guys offshore is shocking at times but I blame that on the fact they haven`t been taught the game in the traditional manner, they think they know it all when in fact after 30 years in the game I am still learning new things.

Totally agree, learn new everyday. Any scaff says he knows it all knows nothing in my book.

i thought i knew you were from fleetwood weever
i will say no more:eek:

yes its hard trying to get off,and then when you get there you say to yourself
THIS FECKING CLOWN IS IN FRONT OF ME.
WHEN IT WAS SCAFFOLDING COMPANIES IT WAS DIFFERENT BUT NOW ITS ALL SERVICE COMPANIES THEY DONT CARE AS LONG AS YOU TURN UP.
i was offshore 32 year ago and a guy was going on about how he did an under deck and it was all 21ft droppers,as i had been on shore for 2 years i was starting to think that they were now only using nothing biugger than 10s the way he was going on.i pointed to 10 platforms on the horizon which i had worked on and stated i did all them with 21s its not na new thing its what we do.
turned out he was a joiner 2 years before from a certain area north of the humber and south of the weir;)
i dont know how much he payed for his gold card:eek:

i thought i knew you were from fleetwood weever
i will say no more:eek:

yes its hard trying to get off,and then when you get there you say to yourself
THIS FECKING CLOWN IS IN FRONT OF ME.
WHEN IT WAS SCAFFOLDING COMPANIES IT WAS DIFFERENT BUT NOW ITS ALL SERVICE COMPANIES THEY DONT CARE AS LONG AS YOU TURN UP.
i was offshore 32 year ago and a guy was going on about how he did an under deck and it was all 21ft droppers,as i had been on shore for 2 years i was starting to think that they were now only using nothing biugger than 10s the way he was going on.i pointed to 10 platforms on the horizon which i had worked on and stated i did all them with 21s its not na new thing its what we do.
turned out he was a joiner 2 years before from a certain area north of the humber and south of the weir;)
i dont know how much he payed for his gold card:eek:

i herd the very same story of me old boss james paton lol althow he said 2 weeks ago lado was ajoiner lol

I got the call today I go off in a couple of weeks, same thing as has already been said I just pestered & pestered them. A phone call a day and a couple of emails a weeks, to the 'big 3' I've been ringing since February.

Then 1 day out of the blue the phone rang and I'm offski. Keep at them they will give in haha.

Top Bottom