any information grateful

rolex3000

Reaction score
hello, i am facing a possible redundancy as a trainee scaffolder at work but all the information i have looked up online states that to be a trainee scaffolder you need a in date cisrs trainee card? i have never had this card and never had the problem of facing redundancy, i am in a union but don't really have much knowledge on how i go about things and challenging my company on this decision. any information would be grateful, many thanks :)

Go and take a health and safety touch screen test CSCS. After you have passed the test go onto the CISRS web site print of an application form off for a trainees card crack on with your life

Welcome rolex,get another firm to take you on,that way you can continue your training and the new firm can recieve your training grants,have you been to a training centre all ready?you're not a trainee until you've been on the two week induction;)

i have a got a cscs card, but i need more information on challenging my company about the redundancy situation because i havent got the cisrs card that surely means i am scaffolders laborer and not a trainee scaffolder? but the redundancy is 1 trainee scaffolder not a laborer so where do i stand with challenging the company, thanks for your reply.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

thanks bigfish. thats the sort of info i am after, anymore information on the two week induction would be appreciated, also i work in the oil industry and trying to find another company to take on a trainee is near on impossible, cheers rolex

Probally need to approach a street firm near where you live,failing that use your pay off money for your part one and two and go back to the firm your with now,there's plenty of funding available for apprentices and experienced workers but you need a firm to send you to get said grants,if you've not been on an induction,how did you get your trainee card??or can you get them another way??

that's the thing i haven't got a trainee card, that's why i want to challenge my company with the decision, because if i haven't got a trainee card or any other cards then to me that makes me a laborer not a trainee scaffolder? do you see what i mean? if im a laborer and there getting rid of a trainee scaffolder then surely im safe and can challenge the decision? cheers

that's the thing i haven't got a trainee card, that's why i want to challenge my company with the decision, because if i haven't got a trainee card or any other cards then to me that makes me a laborer not a trainee scaffolder? do you see what i mean? if im a laborer and there getting rid of a trainee scaffolder then surely im safe and can challenge the decision? cheers

are you on the spanner and are you earning more than a lab ?

Doesn't really matter Rolex what they call you if they want to bump you they can. If you are indeed in the oil and gas industry you better get used to the term "operational Reasons." In short it means they can do what they like.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

What does your CSCS card say you are qualified to do? A scaffs card is CISRS.

Top Bottom