Any ideas??

porter

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice really!
Been renting my yard from London transport for last ten years! I liquidated the company last year due to a massive knocker but paid my yard rent upto date of end of lease! Informed lt that I wanted to re new lease but under new name! That was over a year ago and despite phone calls still havnt been issued with new lease or been charged any rent! Now although it sounds great it worries me that when they do finally realise they have messed it up will they expect me to pay the whole years rent they havnt charged me for and if so am I legally obliged to pay it?

To be honest swiftly I just want to sort it out! Honestly phoned them at least 20 times but nothing comes through and they keep changing the guy dealing with our area as they use students on gap years to run it! Can't pay anything as I have no lease agreement to pay it against!

Get it in writing, send them a letter, email, fax or something, so when they do catch up you can show you tried your best.
You can then agree a settlement figure (which as HSWT you should of put by) obviously lesser than the amount owed (as they don't know you had put it by) just say you cant pay it all in one go, and to be reasonable

Porter,if you rented the yard in the name of your liquidated company, Then its that company that was liable for rent. I would think at the moment your a squatter and they would have to go through the courts to evict you. You cant pay the rent for use of yard at present as there is no contract.,Yard lease needs renegotiating as a new tenant. I would say as youre out of contract,they cant get the back rent from you personally. Squat til they contact you to renew lease in new name or evict.

Top Bottom