any ideas lads

scaff29

Reaction score
orite lads hope u all had good chrimbo,just been offered to build couple of scaffolds for a guy i know sizes r 5m front by 12m same at back then 10m gable x 12m fully boarded job up 4 2months if goes well, has a 30m front and back and gable of similar height tht i,l b up for 4 months wots the best way of doing this was thinking of hiring the gear from generation or dsl or sumit as have no gear but i,m thinking this cld be a wee break here, also got another guy wanting me to build his jobs probably get about ten jobs a year from him any u guys help here cheers lads

Where are you based? The big thing to consider is have you got any insurance if anything goes wrong, that’s the 1st thing to look at this day & age.

Obviously this your first contract and well done for making an impression on a prospective client.

I would "sub" the job out to your local firms, to allow you get the experience's of coordinating / supervising the contract.

Main Items you must agree with your client up front,

a, establish a hire rate after the agreed hire term.
b, get a deposit up front (if possible)
c, agree an hourly rate to cover any day work including a minimum call out fee (normally 4 hours) a bookable 9.5 hours thereafter.

d, make sure keep on top of the subbie.

Good luck and have a great new year mate.

Idea's

Get the client to hire the material, you just provide the labour. Keep things simple

Yeah if you dont get paid you donald ducked, either get client to supply materials or try get lump up front and buy materials that way losses are kept to a minimum, also like already said insurance is a big thing here , this day an age of H&S and the claim culture your Number one priority is protection your very own Big Hairy Arss :eek:h:

cheers lads for ur help thought b more response neil,superscaff so can u get insurance for 1 month or can u get it per job was half thinking about getin them to hire gear,i was thinking of charging them between £7/£8 metre would that sound about rite or should it be cheaper if they r hiring the gear :unsure:

Forget £7/8 per metre you need to be around £12/15 per metre run, you can always negotiate down but never up.

cheers lads thats big help at least i,ve got figues to work with now, wot about insurance should i get it or winging it its only couple of jobs the now wot do u think gm is siaman ok for insurance stuff

No insurance and something goes wrong your in jail and could be looking at paying out a lot of money, get covered before you strike a bat

can u get a monthly cover or a per job cover and any ball park figues for this cheers buddy

Not my forte this, i would shop around and see what deals you can get, somebody out there will be able to give you the deal you want, good luck

not being funny mate but its a lot harder to organise and make money from if u wanna do it the legal way
no one will hire you materials without an account or credit check and deposit
as far as i'm aware insurance is onlyavailable for bonafide sole traders-ltd companys with referances and again credit checking and 1 year min in advance or installments
gotta also make sure that u're qual to erect the jod or if anything goes wrong its gonna come back and bite you

my advise is talk to your boss and let him in on it, he should lend you the gear and insurance cover for a % of the job normally 50/50...remember to earn £500 is gonna cost over 2k of gear..good luck but remember cash jobs arnt always what they appear to be , very easy for you to get ripped off with

You really need to consider the risk v reward. If you attempt to go down the route of maximum reward, that would entail sourcing the material organising and paying labour, making sure you price the job correctly, all the material is returned and collecting all the monies. Alot of potential for you to come unstuck.

Minimum risk, you get prices for scaffolding locally, then apply a mark up and pass price onto client. That's the way I would go

Hi Mate ive just struck up a labour only job, with a big construction co, all cuplock with bits of tube and fitting, at £9.50 plm erect and £4.50 plm strike, not bad just gotta turn up and do 8 hours work no overheads.

supply and fix is £18n-plm

Top Bottom