any advice please

frenchy

Reaction score
hi lads doing my part two next week been in game 22 years with my ecitb card.been told once done course have to waite another 6 months to be assessed on jobs that gonna do on the course my portfollio complete so if pass the course why 6 months waite anyone know of a quicker way tryin to do things right doinging the courses but need this ticket and another 6 month waite with the years i have in just dont seem right

Simian is the best one to ask post it on their section as well mate.

hi lads doing my part two next week been in game 22 years with my ecitb card.been told once done course have to waite another 6 months to be assessed on jobs that gonna do on the course my portfollio complete so if pass the course why 6 months waite anyone know of a quicker way tryin to do things right doinging the courses but need this ticket and another 6 month waite with the years i have in just dont seem right

considering you have been on more or less the same jobs as me over the last 2 decades frenchy and have been taught by the same olde school as me frenchy no it dont seem fair its a fcuking shambles.

yeah thanks dico and what good lads they were feel like going back 15 years to the good old days

That would be nice, better wages no jumped up **** telling you how to do you job, apart from the boss!! Pub lunch good graft!!

Never mind might get run over instead:push:

if your portfolio is complete you will get in quicker depending on the centre

frenchy hope you get a solution to your plight,what a fcuking shambles this eictb ticket fiasco is becoming hope the idiots who perpatrated this mess are looking at what these highly experianced SCAFFS are having to do to maintain there status in the trade.

Frenchy, i will cover this answer in 2 parts, scaffold training and assessment.

Training,

Trainees require a minimum of 6 months practical work based experience after completing the Part 2 Training, before returning to the centre for a one-day Skill Test/VQ Assessment. However, at the discretion of the Approved Centre/Assessor, if a Trainee has significant practical experience (e.g. 5 years) and it is clearly apparent during the training that he/she demonstrates a high skill level then this period can be waived or reduced. The Approved Centre must formally record their justification to provide such an exemption and these records must be made available to the CISRS Auditor if requested (e.g. recorded on the Trainee’s final observation report of the Part 2 training).

Assessment:

If you have 20 years experience and have a CV, witness testimonies from ex employers and current ones you could do you QCF/NVQ in professional discussion. You would need some products of work as in method statements, risk assessments, timesheets, designs.

The process is your assessor sitting down with you and asking you to explain how you would complete the work as in erecting and dismantling a tower and the rest of the jobs involved in the level 2 NVQ.

My worry here is a brazilian rainforest portfolio with photos tells me what? You have been on a scaffold, does it mean you erected it? Face to face conversation, observation on site or video evidence as most mobiles have it is the way forward.

CISRS preferred method of QCF/NVQ assessment is one portfolio of work based evidence which includes a one day centre assessment for VQ2 or 2 day for VQ 3 or EWPA.

the sit down with an assessor seems the way foward in my opinion,but theres also the cost factor levied against the guy simian,is this route as expensive as the normal P1,P2,P3 route.thanks for shedding bit more light on alternative ways for the guys to REGAIN their accreditation.

Last edited:
The NVQ is the NVQ, collect paper or discussion. As you know each centre is different and each centre has a different external verifier.

Why do the centres not work to a strict method. All singing from the same hymn sheet. This in itself cause confusion!!!

If Simian are doing it right why do the other training centres not work to that?

Ragscaff:wondering:

Last edited:
simian could you cost this process for the eictb guys on the forum that would be of immense help to the said guys esp the ones how are not in work due to their card not being excepted thank you once again.

Why do the centres not work to a strict method. All singing from the same hymn sheet. This in itself cause confusion!!!

If Simian are doing it right why do the other training centres work to that?

Ragscaff:wondering:

They all work to the same criteria however its what assessors are used to, mine are all new assessors and having two chartered safety consultants at the top of the tree who are used to safety management systems we challenge everything.

As a scaffolder i know most scaffs can talk it well but hate paperwork, we were instructed by our EV to undertake professional discussion as it was a modern method.

We are the new kids on the block.

Ian

Top Bottom