Anti Climb fencing panels

Jay-ADS Security

Reaction score
I've been asked to install some anti climb fencing to a scaffold and the homeowner wants it on all 4 lifts. Is there any health & safety regulations about covering the whole of the scaffold, apart from the ladder access obviously???

Was going to use the GS7 anti climb heras fence panels.

Cheers!

As long as they are put on in a safe way i can't see a problem. We did a temp roof on a bank once and had to put tin sheets coated with grease on the independents to deter burglars. You should have seen the mess and the complaints from members of the public who ruined coats etc !!!

Agree with HSWT attach boards to scaffold then screw tin sheets to boards this way you have no means of climbing up outside and do not have to cover in tar

Layher do something purpose made for the job, if it's just to deter the young team, netting or sheeting would do the trick, never ever seen Heras fencing on 4 lifts of a job before, what would you attach them with?

That's a quality idea! Although i wouldn't like to be the one taking it all down afterwards! Haha!

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Cheers! We usually fix the panels using scaffolding couplers and metal straps so there's no chance of it coming loose.

We've fitting loads of this stuff to the first lifts of scaffold but never all the way up! Just making sure there was no health & safety regs against this type of thing!

Cheers

We use harris fencing , but i have seen the chain link fencing on a few jobs and it looks the part , trouble with harris fencing is you need to lap it and it can be a bitch on the ends , some of the alarm companys do it now , which might be a lots less hassle to sub it out

We use harris fencing , but i have seen the chain link fencing on a few jobs and it looks the part , trouble with harris fencing is you need to lap it and it can be a bitch on the ends , some of the alarm companys do it now , which might be a lots less hassle to sub it out

Thought you needed barbed wire, anti personnel mines and machine guns in your manor bigphil?

Would think you will require design input now !

Top Bottom