Animals

1200mm mate, or there abouts.. 5 x 225 boards, the 2 x toeboards at 38mm each.. comes to 1201mm on my calculator...

Seems good thinking. Second question, why the hell is the board gauge so loose. Like you said 5 x 225 plus 2 toeies, who decided on the measure, I haven't done many jobs (walkways & gantrys aside) where the ability to put a toe board inside & out was a big deal? Can someone clarify because I find is 'baggy board gauge'.

No ideam mate, they make em so the toeboards sit on the arms and not the boards themselves... still covers the 150mm min toeboard height, but they are a bit OTT.. very rare you have to fit an inside toeboard is it, thats how they are though, and they do save a load of time... so thats it...

I heard that it might be to fit in with other system measures? Why I don't know!

Cuplok is the same way, never really liked it. Now everyone is starting to move away from timber with system and steel stage boards are now so wide you can't get a toe board sunk, when I asked why they just said it was the old GB design and no one really questioned it.

The Ready lok unit was made in imperial and the centres of standards was 4' 2" (4ft-2ins), thats 50 inches c/c which left 48 between 5 boards at 9" left 3" this left enough for two toe boards if required or one and a little expansion or room for odd size boards or tying down (remebber this used to be done with light line.

The Ready lok unit was made in imperial and the centres of standards was 4' 2" (4ft-2ins), thats 50 inches c/c which left 48 between 5 boards at 9" left 3" this left enough for two toe boards if required or one and a little expansion or room for odd size boards or tying down (remebber this used to be done with light line.

I knew Imperial had something to do with it!! It was the same when KwikStage went to metric. A company in Oman ended up with a mixture of Imperial and metric sizes and the guys had a hell of a job getting the right ones!

Top Bottom