agencys

fezzie

Reaction score
just wanted to post a little something,i have just finished my first week at corus steel works i am travelling 3 hours a day and get no extra for this so basically im paying to work.why are all firms now using agencies and dont the agencies realise what this job entailes.the choices for good honest scaffs are getting few and far between.:blink1:

1 its cheaper for scaffold firms to use them

2 they donn't pay agencys for 2 to 3 months

3 its easy for them to get rid of you

4 and they save on traveling time

5 and they save on over heads etc....

6 and save on trainng you

why are they using agencies!!!!!

It takes the onus, directly of the main contractor to have people on their books. its cheaper for them, to use an agency. Use and abuse... needless to say, the agencies are still obliged to follow the rule of law as an employer... it happens right across the board in all industries......

Hello Fezzie,

I assume the agency take tax and NI from you also? However, it may be worth giving us a quick call to see if there's a possibility of making a tax claim on your travel expenses (and any other expenses you may have).

We're always happy to give advice, there's never any obligation to use us :). 01280 821020.

just wanted to post a little something,i have just finished my first week at corus steel works i am travelling 3 hours a day and get no extra for this so basically im paying to work.why are all firms now using agencies and dont the agencies realise what this job entailes.the choices for good honest scaffs are getting few and far between.:blink1:

Hi Fezzie, all I could tell you my reasons for using an agency, none of which have been posted so far. It has nothing to do with saving money or over-heads or training but more to do with helping me over a particularly busy period so I don't have to ask the boys already here to work all the hours under the sun. The boy's from the agency have not been promised anything I have not delivered and they are happy floating around from job to job like the A-Team. The one confession I will make is when the work slows down they will be off but they knew that the day they started.

AOM THATS THE FIRST TIME WEE DUSTY WILL HAVE EVER BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE A-TEAM,AND PROBABLY THE LAST:amazed:

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

ON THE SUBJECT OF AGENCYS,THE POSITION YOU ARE IN IS FAIR PLAY AS IS THE HOUSING BUILDERS WHO ONLY NEED A GUY TO TIDY UP A SITE ETC FOR A WEERK OR SO.
I WOULD ARGUE WITHTHE LIKES OF PALMERS AND OTHER BIG NAMES USING AGENCYS ON MAJOR PROJECTS,AS WHEN THAT PARTICULAR JOB IS FINISHED THEY DO HAVE SCOPE TO TRANSFER.
I HAD FRIENDS WENT DOWN TO WALES AT THE TALE END OF LAST YEAR TO WORK ON BAGLIN BAY POWER STATION THROUGH AN AGENCY FOR INTERSERVE,THEY WORKED 2 DAYS THEN THE SNOW CAME THE SITE GOT SHUT AND THEY WERE STUCK THERE FOR ANOTHER WEEK WITH NO CASH HAD TO DO A RUNNER FROM THE DIGS NOT VERY NICE BUT THEY COULDNT PAY HOW CAN THIS BE RIGHT:mad:THE AGENCY SAID THEY COULDNT GIVE THEM ANTYTHING BECAUSE THEY HADNT BEEN PAYED:mad:

Ha ha, you are probably right regarding Dusty but you got my drift.:cool:

When I was writing it I did realise there was a difference to what I do and what other's do. Unfortunately where ever there is an agency there is a high probability you could be dropped at a moments notice.

thankyou for all your answers and time gents,its not ideal but it pays the bills and as long as the gaffers happy with me and happy with my jobs a good name goes a long way in this game

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

im already registered with you as the last work i did was self employed

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE GOOD NAME FEZZIE,IM DAFTSCAFF SO YOU COULD SAY IM FUCKED:nuts:

Top Bottom