Agency work.

Karlj711

Reaction score
Starting for Alpha recruitment on Monday. It's for Interserve at a chemical plant near derby.
Never worked for an agency before so what are the pitfalls & what do I need to keep an eye on + has anybody worked for alpha before?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Cheers.

I suppose it would be the same as any other, keep your head down and tail up until you suss out the lie of the land and try not to let them shaft you by binning you halfway through the job. Good luck.

Starting for Alpha recruitment on Monday. It's for Interserve at a chemical plant near derby.
Never worked for an agency before so what are the pitfalls & what do I need to keep an eye on + has anybody worked for alpha before?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Agencies are ok, if your in a jam.

They will pester you to get on their books and give you alot of 'professional' service, but once you turn up on their job for a few days, then you wont ever hear from them again, lol.
Unless ofcourse you blow a few days out, then you get hounded until you pick up the phone to them - as they get paid for you turning up, nothing else.

I think alot of the bigger firms go through Agencies now, as its less hassle for them and the Scaffolding company can choose who to poach from the Agency, rather then employ a load of old crap, only to lay half of them off a few weeks later.

All i can say is, make sure they pay you EVERYTHING that your entitled to.
Some ive worked for dont give you all that they should do, unless you ask for it and try to pocket as much for themselves as they can.

With Agencies, you know where you stand with them.
You know its temporary work, you aint bullshiited with false promises of decent pricework, overtime, a van and other stuff that alot of Scaffolding firms say to get you on their jobs.

Its x-amount an hour, so many hours a week, so many weeks/months work. Easy as that. :)

they are pish as allan666 said get on with the firm,you will probably be self employed and the overtime rates will not be time and a half etc unlesss you are very lucky.beggers cant be choosers but these mobs generally screw the game

Top Bottom