Agency The Truth

cozzy

Reaction score
with all the threads on here regarding agencys (good and Bad) i am attempting to set the record straigh by answering any questions you may have regarding agencys.
I am a Scaffolder 23 years scaffolding and now i work for a agency recruiting Scaffolders for scaffolding companys.
I have worked for agencys in the past some good (Forefront Octain) and some Bad (Tarus Minstrell) to name a few so i have seen both sides of the coin.
I have been paid good money and had good runs of work with agencys and i have also not been paid and been promised the earth by them.I like many on here have had good and bad experiences with agencys like us all i have been lied to that many times its un true.
when i started here for this agency from the start i operate on total honesty from my part maybe ive been to honest like for example a couple of weeks ago when i only had 3 days work at chester i advertised 3 days work only and no one was interested. Now what i should of done is said i had a months work 12 hour shifts 7 days and sent the first 2 who applyed to the site and then after 3 days when they were finished played dumb and blamed the client and said i will look into and never got back to them.lying to the scaffolders which to me is a no no.
What i am proposing on here is that if anyone has got a question regarding agencys any question that you want i will reply and Answer truthfully so if anyone has got any questions then feel free to ask me and then maybe you will get a better understanding of agencys.

with all the threads on here regarding agencys (good and Bad) i am attempting to set the record straigh by answering any questions you may have regarding agencys.
I am a Scaffolder 23 years scaffolding and now i work for a agency recruiting Scaffolders for scaffolding companys.
I have worked for agencys in the past some good (Forefront Octain) and some Bad (Tarus Minstrell) to name a few so i have seen both sides of the coin.
I have been paid good money and had good runs of work with agencys and i have also not been paid and been promised the earth by them.I like many on here have had good and bad experiences with agencys like us all i have been lied to that many times its un true.
when i started here for this agency from the start i operate on total honesty from my part maybe ive been to honest like for example a couple of weeks ago when i only had 3 days work at chester i advertised 3 days work only and no one was interested. Now what i should of done is said i had a months work 12 hour shifts 7 days and sent the first 2 who applyed to the site and then after 3 days when they were finished played dumb and blamed the client and said i will look into and never got back to them.lying to the scaffolders which to me is a no no.
What i am proposing on here is that if anyone has got a question regarding agencys any question that you want i will reply and Answer truthfully so if anyone has got any questions then feel free to ask me and then maybe you will get a better understanding of agencys.

Are you still looking for men for that Chester job? I am happy to do all the hours days and nights.

No true scaff would be stupid enough to work in an office for an agency, you must have been a toss it of merchant.

No true scaff would be stupid enough to work in an office for an agency, you must have been a toss it of merchant.
Yeah i could toss it off with the best of them

The question should be without agencies what would happen , do you think the whole industry would grind to a halt, I happen to think men and companies would find a way to get to work and get paid without any agency being involved, sometimes the shortest distance between two points is in a straight line !:idea:

The question should be without agencies what would happen , do you think the whole industry would grind to a halt, I happen to think men and companies would find a way to get to work and get paid without any agency being involved, sometimes the shortest distance between two points is in a straight line !:idea:

I agree joe I remember years ago on a job and a lad came on through a agency I had never heard of them before then but the fact remains companies are choosing to use agency for there short term requirements it's the way the industry is going.i agree with what your saying about companies should find a way to get men on the books but they choose to go through the agency way. I know a lot of people don't like this way but with the big companies 90% of there jobs have got a fair few agency lads on there other companies are just following suit

COZZY honesty is the best policy and well done for sticking your head above the parrapett.I would also rather be on the books if tis 4 weeks or whatever then at least io beleive i have some security and when applying for credit,mortgages etc the fact i am boos in and P.A.Y.E then in theory it will go through without any hassle.Most agencys use umbrellas and these are becoming more like Tax Avoidance shemes which will only end in tears for the poor SCAFF who is advised that its all above board and legitt;)

Its not about being on the books for me , last firm I worked for put me on and I asked to go back to cis, im my own man , pay for my own kit, my own training and my own way, dont fuk with me and I will give you more than the money you pay for me thats my philosophy, my biggest gripe with our industry and basically the country as a whole is your fellow man is fuking you over,on top of that is the government is twating you with everything it can to claw money back off you that you have earnt, because nobody will stand up and say its wrong, pure and simple its just wrong..... agencies are just wrong and using umbrellas should prove that not improve their own standing !

CIS may suit some Joebag but its used as an agency type worker
The construction trades were fecked with the 714 then the cis in my opinion its ruined the apprenticeships and trainees as no one wanted to pay for training as they were self employed etc etc
we need to invest in the countrys future and if we are self employed and working for ourselves who comes through at our back;)

And theres the problem with the blokes, some think the world owes them a favour, well cut them out the loop aswell, this countries lost its spine at the minute but im fuked if parasites are going to feed off my back ;)

How do I get accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?

As cozzy said you get good and bad Agencies same as you get good and bad firms so if its good stay there let everyone know if its bad get off it and let everyone know

Top Bottom