Agency 12 week holiday pay law

scaffolder110

Reaction score
Hi lads can anybody tell me about the laws surrounding agency workers being entitled to holiday pay after 12 weeks

One off the scaffs is cards in he gets holiday pay he does handrails and concrete shutter jobs one agency scaff works with him

All other scaffs do formwork and handrails for concrete slabs we have been told that we are on a different contract than him so are not in a comparable role although he is a Cisrs scaffolder and so are we
Meaning we are not entitled to holiday pay but we will be payed bank holidays as a good will gesture can anybody shed some light on wether we are entitled to holiday pay or not thanks lannyman

After 12 weeks in the same job with the same hirer

If you qualify, you’re entitled to the same basic terms and conditions as if you had been recruited directly, including:
basic pay, including holiday pay, overtime and bonuses linked to your performance
working time – eg not having to work more than 48 hours a week if comparable workers don’t have to
annual leave - you may get extra pay to cover this if it’s above your legal entitlement
night work
rest breaks and rest periods
paid time off for antenatal appointments

It doesn’t matter if you are working full time or part time.

Your rights are based on those of a comparable worker - ie someone directly recruited by the hirer to do the same job at the same time.

CLICK ON HERE ITS ALL ON HERE

https://www.gov.uk/agency-workers-your-rights/your-rights-as-a-temporary-agency-worker

As far as I know agency lads have no entitlement to holiday pay and your lucky to be getting paid for bank holidays,harsh I know,but that's the attraction to employers to use and abuse agency men,maybe someone else knows better about this than me though:wondering:

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

After 12 weeks in the same job with the same hirer

If you qualify, you’re entitled to the same basic terms and conditions as if you had been recruited directly, including:
basic pay, including holiday pay, overtime and bonuses linked to your performance
working time – eg not having to work more than 48 hours a week if comparable workers don’t have to
annual leave - you may get extra pay to cover this if it’s above your legal entitlement
night work
rest breaks and rest periods
paid time off for antenatal appointments

It doesn’t matter if you are working full time or part time.

Your rights are based on those of a comparable worker - ie someone directly recruited by the hirer to do the same job at the same time.

CLICK ON HERE ITS ALL ON HERE

https://www.gov.uk/agency-workers-your-rights/your-rights-as-a-temporary-agency-worker

Lol,there you go,has this always been the case teeside?

Top Bottom