Agencies

andyf8686

Reaction score
I no agencies have a bad name but are there lads worth the hassle???? Or are the scaffs that work for agencies just unlucky not to get a fix direct? or is it because the main companies have got shot of them ?:suspicious:

I never spent a great deal of time working with an agency but they were always pretty useful when I did. Some drilling companies will make you do 3 months or was it just 3 trips as agency before taking you on full time just to make sure.

I also used an agency a couple of times to get me out a hole, which was also handy but honestly never been ripped or done the ripping. Probably a sign of the times we all want the big bucks and for me that is the price we have to pay as firms can't afford to pay the big money for men to sit idle in the yard but can when the graft is on, simple economics for me.

There are a lot of top scaffs out there that only want to work for agencies and aren't interested in working for the same company day in day out.

simple economics right enough , the company would rather pay the agency more money for them to recruit you , therfore saving them dealing with paying employers nat insurance , then the agency fucks off their obligations by using a composite company or umbrella ,

so you end up with scaff companys paying their own men £9:46 an hour but they pay agency men 12 and a half quid an hour , ive worked for 2 big names this year who pay their men less than a tenner but pay agency men £12.76 , i blame the people who work for pennies , if they wanna live their life on £300 a week foreever , let them

I would be interested on who had more cash in the sky rocket at the end of the year though.

I agree, I think it's akin to signing a footballer on a free, no training no investment in the future so you can afford to pay the individual a bit more and it still costs you less but the second his useful life is over you bin him no qualms. Not my style.

i think it comes down to job security , a guy with kids, a house and a car needs the security so he becomes a company man , the single guy takes no **** wage from no-one and does agency work for more money and takes his chances , horses for courses

Still alive and kicking Teeside in one wee corner of Argyll.;)

I know.:blink1:

Mind and bring your lass.:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Better bring sister as well.:laugh:

I know.:blink1:

Mind and bring your lass.:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Better bring sister as well.:laugh:

av told yas all b4 were out in the stick she's 1 and the same :laugh:

Top Bottom