Agencies... Scaffolders: OPEN YOUR EYES.

J

Jason-Gibbs

Morning Scaffolders and VLLB. :worried:

Agencies: love them or hate them, they serve a purpose.
They offer work and money when you cant get anything else... a stop-gap till a better or more secure job comes along.
90% of Agency work is short term.

Now ive worked for loads of Agencies. Some decent, like Octain and Goldmills, some crap ones like Coyles.
All served a purpose. I took jobs and banked the money.

But i NEVER had any misconceptions about what Agencies are or how they conduct themselves.

Agencies (like all Business's) will only give you the time of day if you have something to offer them.

If they dont really have work and are fishing for details/numbers/info BEFORE they tender for a contract/contact clients = THEY ARE NOT GOING TO WASTE TIME CONTACTING YOU BACK.

"Waiting for client to phone back" = Our 'job' was not set in stone and we was hoping to get it, was told via 'word-of-mouth' that it was ours.
Word of mouth means NOTHING.

Agencies work off of databases and every now and then they have to update them before they tender for new work.

Dont moan if they waste your time.
Dont put all your hopes into an Agency.
They lie. More times then not.
They will tell you anything to get your details, so they can 'sell' that info to potential clients clients and win work.

I see Scaffolders here, time and again complaining about "not getting a phonecall back".

This is what they do.
Learn to live with it.
Even if its not right or fair. Its how things are.

Just try to accept it.

I agree with a few points there jason and i also disagree with a few points.
Yes agencys are a stop gap when your in between work its always better to be cards in than working for agency.
Agencys lie yes i have known agencys to promise you the world and more telling you to ring back monday ring back friday and then there is the old excuse of hes not in the office i will get him to call you back.
The problem with agencys is the people that your dealing with are not scaffolding people there men and women who have a spec to fill a job just like they do with other trades.
they may be trying to find work for a tele handler and banksmen then get told they need to find 2 scaffolders to start tommorow in between all this they need to find 2 cleaners for the local hospital get my drift.
It makes me laugh with forefront they must have every scaffolder in the country on there database and yet they advertise x amount of jobs daily on the job centre and on here why advertise every job if you have got that many men on your books.
There are good agencys and there are sh it just like companys all around the country no one forces people to work for agencys but there there if you need them.
also some agency do get some good jobs good runs of work on good numbers there is also the other side of the coin.

Top Bottom