Advice

Zotsey

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am looking for a bit of advice. I am a cecol lad and served out my apprenticeship so obviously am citb registered but I have not worked as a scaffolder for about 8 years. I see that there is some health and safety thing you need to do every 5 years which you send off with your card and you get a new one back. I have not done this course. Can I still work/gain employment ? Will whichever firm I work for put me through this course and update my card or do I have to do it myself before seeking work ?
Thanks for any help in advance

You need to have your health and safety touchscreen test passed then you can apply for your cisrs card. If you have a valid passport to safety or iosh or nebosh qualification then you dont need the touchscreen. about £50 wi card.
Most site's / workplaces will not allow you access until they have seen a scaffolders card.

My other comment will be do you realise how much has changed in the last 10 years. even TG20/08 is out of date now. There is no fun in this industry anymore as common sense isn't allowed to prevail anymore.

Thanks
I do have a citb scaffolders card obviously. I worked on the tools for roughly 9/just under 10 years. It can't be that much different surely ? I can do the touch screen test with training 2000 which is not too far away from where I live. Where can I get information on exactly what this test is/likely questions so I can swat up for it. Once I've done the test I send the certificate off with my citb card and get back a cisrs one, is that right ?

Last edited:
yer can get the book of ebay for revision

40 questions easy

take from a cecol lad i mean easy

Last edited:
You need to have your health and safety touchscreen test passed then you can apply for your cisrs card. If you have a valid passport to safety or iosh or nebosh qualification then you dont need the touchscreen. about £50 wi card.
Most site's / workplaces will not allow you access until they have seen a scaffolders card.

My other comment will be do you realise how much has changed in the last 10 years. even TG20/08 is out of date now. There is no fun in this industry anymore as common sense isn't allowed to prevail anymore.

Does having an IOSH certificate, mean that when I update my Scaff card I will not have to do touchscreen?

Does having an IOSH certificate, mean that when I update my Scaff card I will not have to do touchscreen?

No pal, Safety Passport within 2 year of issue???

Nebosh Construction Cert within 2 year of issue???

Offshore survival not sure on what ground's???

Could be more dispensation courses??? not sure what:eek:h:

Top Bottom