Advice re appeal

Zotsey

Reaction score
Hi lads.
I submitted my appeal yesterday to David Mosley to update my CITB card to a CISRS one. I don't have a read receipt option on my email. I asked that David acknowledge my email but as of yet have heard nothing.
Any ideas how long the appeals process takes ? And how long I should wait before I get intouch if I dont hear anything re at least my appeal is being looked at ?
Any help greatly appreciated

Not with your appeal I am afraid Zotsey

But you can set your email to ask for an acknowledgment of any email you send.A pop up appears on the recipients screen to acknowledge your email

the best is, if they press "no" you still get comfirmation of the date and time the email was read that you can file for further referance

That was a load of b*llocks I just wrote, what email programme do you use ?
(I must read posts and not just skim them in future)

Last edited:
Hi rigger
I sent the email from my hotmail account.
Wondering how long I should wait for confirmation my appeal is being looked at and also how long the process takes. As obviously I'm keen to get back to work ASAP or re do my training ( hopefully not ) ASAP.
If my appeal is turned down I can do a skills test as advised by ragscaff. If I am deemed skilled enough at basic scaffolder level and am told I need to do my advanced course again does that mean I will then get a current scaffolders card which will enable me to work ? Then do a year and re take the advanced course ? Is that how it works ?
Don't fancy starting from trainee again

Zotsey

The way the card systems work is beyond me,give it a week then chase it up with Dave Mosley

You say you want to get back to work, if you are claiming job seekers allowance have a word the next time you sign on They may be able to help push your case

best of luck mate

So far most appeals have been unsuccessful, have a guy that is 55 and has NVQ 3 did assessed route but lost his paperwork, but on computer it shows he has NVQ3, but goes to Brent new training school to do his part 1 in oct, but i guess he should be grateful, company are paying for it, have the brew and the craic with the instructor, and turn up. f**k off biggest load of *****, out.

Zotsey

The way the card systems work is beyond me,give it a week then chase it up with Dave Mosley

You say you want to get back to work, if you are claiming job seekers allowance have a word the next time you sign on They may be able to help push your case

best of luck mate

if its folkstone job centre dont bother lazy good for nothing waste of time unless you walk in with a can of stella and dont want to work any one that want help gets fook all

No rigger. I want to get back to work scaffolding as I can't get in anywhere at the moment due to having an old CITB card and not CISRS one. I am a cecol lad and was hoping that may help. Its looking like I'm going to have to start again from trainee then ?!!! Nooooooooo.
I'll book myself in for my part 1 as soon as I hear from Dave, I'm hoping it won't take too long to hear a decision

Last edited:
Top Bottom