Advice needed

paul

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before but anyway, I am trying to start my own labour only sub contractor company but only have myself and two others at present and i am still employed with a scaffold company as a supervisor,
Need some advice on the legal side as in do contracts need to be signed ?
Can i work under contractors insurance ?
What rates can be charged ?
Do contractor pay for digs ?
Any more things that i would need to know ?

are you still in new zealand,if so the legal side rates etc will all be different.
best of luck anyway bud

Why dont you try the revenue or employment office for answers.?

What does a scaffolder earn in NZ Paul?

A scaffolder in NZ can earn between $20-32 a hour depending on tickets , unfortunatley in New Zealand you are only as good as the scaffold ticket you have and not previous exprience or knowledge you may have

Not sure if this has been asked before but anyway, I am trying to start my own labour only sub contractor company but only have myself and two others at present and i am still employed with a scaffold company as a supervisor,
Need some advice on the legal side as in do contracts need to be signed ?
Can i work under contractors insurance ?
What rates can be charged ?
Do contractor pay for digs ?
Any more things that i would need to know ?

Hi Paul,

The national differences will make any advice quite difficult and will require checking but I would say if you are still directly employed you may well have restrictions on other employment or self employment written in to your own terms and conditions. What other contracts are you worried about signing? It's not unusual to be asked to sign a contract for every job but don't be fooled by the old "everyone else just signs it" as that usually means only fuds sign it as then we own your ass and will make you pay for any minor delay, read everything first and don't be afraid to ask them to take anything out you don't like.

Insurance, again it is possible but quite unusual I would imagine. Get on the t'interweb and get a few quotes for minimal cover to get you going you can always beef up your cover as things progress, you will just have to charge to reflect your costs the same as the rest of us.

Rates, AS MUCH AS YOU FEKIN CAN GET AWAY WITH. Biggest mistake for start ups is under selling themselves, yes you have to be competitive but don't under value yourself. I will never be able to give you a figure but as close to your neighbours as possible without going over, you will find your level but if you get all you tender for you are way to cheap.

Digs, NEVER. Nah, just kidding, same advice as the rates really, everything and I mean everything is controlled by supply and demand, if you have to pay you have to pay but again if you have to pay you have to charge so keep things like that in mind.

Additions, not going to be easy. If you are lucky you will be successful at work but it's easy to become too involved and let it define you, it tends to just sneak up on you and before you know where you are that is all you do. It's no bed of roses but it can be financially rewarding.

Good luck.

Do they recognize CISRS Gold Cards?

Top Bottom