Advice needed.

Reaction score
Hi, should I call my boss' bluff and pretend I have found a new "bend", in the hope of him offering me a pay rise to stay? I'm pretty sure a few people at our firm have done this... :amuse::amuse::amuse:

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Also, how can I get my left hand spanner action as fast and rapid as Bruce's from Top Banana?

As a sales man at the car sales once told me, you get nothing without asking, if you dont ask or quibble its you who is at fault for IE:in this case paying over the top..
but also remember that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I agree, if you want more money man up and ask. If someone, even a top hand told me he was going then that would be the end of discussion, he would be ushered out the gate and told to crack on.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Just seen your other thread Cliffo, I'm afraid I will have to change my advice now I know who you are dealing with, ram it right up him till he coughs.:cool:

Welcome to the forum.

Times are hard Cliffo, if your boss is having a bad day for whatever reason and you go in there giving him ear ache about having another job offer you could be signing on next week, tread with caution mate

Just ask him if there's any chance of a few extra sheckles !
If you say you've got another job he might just turn round and say ok pal no worries, catch you later
Plenty of good lads looking for work in current climate

Its allways the same if ya got a job to go to they some how know and will offer you extra cash if no jot the say crakc on marra. Althiow this my curcumstance atm
jacked in on sunday epected to work in yad for 7 till 12 for a 30 score so walked wehen in tuesday handed in me notice io had asked a copuple of lads on here and at work if i should go in office with tail between legs or **** it off most said i was daft for quitting. Buti had desided to stick with my notice untill dinner this mroning when the gaffer asked where i was going to, am not marra ad said just had enough his reply wass stay ehere then .the doors open now i see an oppetunity ort then well keep us out the yard on a sunday for peanuts for a start ...ok trasinee card runs out in august (it doesnt it november next course is in jun/july) ill put you on it he says ok so i was desided to stop there for the now ...... And then he got hit with a side winder ......... And the pay rise and ill probbly stop marra .....shatinggggggggg i was goign my mind was made up so every thing eles is a bouns btu if i wanted to stop he probbly wouldent of asked em to lol itsd sods law btu still think av done ort out of it till next pay rise july and then aanother one after 2 days assesment or am i pushing it lol :d

SO JUST GO IN AND ASK FOR A PAY RISE HIS NTO GOING TO OFFER YOU ONE FOR NOTHING

Last edited:
Booked on part 2, pay ris,e not working in yard ever agin as hell get the same notice lol and when igo in monday ill be wanting to keeping my attendance bonus for taking tuesday all in all not a bad day but i do kick my pan in for him every day all day and have not time off other than that sunday lol and all this with out getting dusty knees

Good to hear 1989 I'm glad it worked out for you. It's not easy slagging off another gaffer without knowing him but from what you say he does sound like a total kn ob heed. I just don't think I would let myself get in to a position whereby someone could hold a gun to my head but to do that you have to be fair and reward hard work. Either way, I'm glad you got it sorted.

You absolutely defo he's booking you and paying for your part 2 mate ?
Hope it all works out for you how you want.
Are you going to owe him any loyalty/tied in if he does pay for your part 2 & assessment etc ?

thell be no trings attatched to me going on my part 2 i can assure you that i wont allow it and if i do leave for what ever reason and he withholds my money and says a load of crp about me owing him it ,it will cost him more that he ows me sump plugs and holey petrol pump comes to springs to mind lol nar he know av worked had for it he ows me it at the very least 2 years there had less than 3 days off and this been for apointments and dentist etc not had days off with colds bad heads n crnt be arsed with it today i so fingers corssed it all works out but if not av lost nwt as the moneys here for it cheers lads

Top Bottom