Adverts in the forum

Dass

Reaction score
IS anyone else seeing these dropdown adverts?

Certain words in threads are in blue text and as soon as your mouse pointer goes over it an advert drops down

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 20
you using google chrome ? when am on other lap top its chrome and it does that go back to explorer or firefox

Just started tonight about 20 mins ago.
I'm using chrome. I'll try firefox see what that's like

I've scanned my laptop and it's all clear, no spyware, viruses or any nasties

Just started tonight about 20 mins ago.
I'm using chrome. I'll try firefox see what that's like

I've scanned my laptop and it's all clear, no spyware, viruses or any nasties

its how chome works make its revenu threw adverts and pop up i got a load of these when using chrome no problem with fi4re fox

I'm using firefox and all is good, no probs on the site.

john, send the link on to me mate, at my age something is better than nothing!

Tried it mate, but I am not looking for friendship, romance, true love, but just an evening of fun, while the other half feks off to her family for a couple of days.

Don't know if it's just my computer is as boring as but I;m getting how to get in to accountancy.:(

IS anyone else seeing these dropdown adverts?

Certain words in threads are in blue text and as soon as your mouse pointer goes over it an advert drops down

Hi Dass

These adverts are definitely not coming from the forum.

Regards

SF Admin

Update

It turns out that it was caused by an extension in google chrome.
I've removed it and and everything is back to normal.

It has nothing got to do with the forum at all, these are all cookies stored on your computer, cookies store information about recent web sites you have visited ,that’s why you are seeing all these advertisements, you will especially see all of these adds if you are torrenting illegal music etc,

Aom said he got an advertisement about accounting; did you recently browse such a site?

Here is a valid definition of a cookie: A cookie is a piece of text that a web server can store on a user's hard disk, Cookies allow a Web site to store information on a user's machine and later retrieve it. The pieces of information are stored as name-value pairs.
For example, a Web site might generate a unique ID number for each visitor and store the ID number on each user's machine using a cookie file.
¬ If you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer to browse the Web, you can see all of the cookies that are stored on your machine. The most common place for them to reside is in a directory called c:windowscookies. When you look in that directory on your computer, each file is a text file that contains name-value pairs, and there is one file for each Web site that has placed cookies on your machine.
You can see in the directory that each of these files is a simple, normal text file. You can see which Web site placed the file on your machine by looking at the file name (the information is also stored inside the file). You can open each file by clicking on it and delete it.

Good info there Johny. First time someones explained what a cookie is. Other than a bikkie

It has nothing got to do with the forum at all, these are all cookies stored on your computer, cookies store information about recent web sites you have visited ,that’s why you are seeing all these advertisements, you will especially see all of these adds if you are torrenting illegal music etc,

Aom said he got an advertisement about accounting; did you recently browse such a site?

Here is a valid definition of a cookie: A cookie is a piece of text that a web server can store on a user's hard disk, Cookies allow a Web site to store information on a user's machine and later retrieve it. The pieces of information are stored as name-value pairs.
For example, a Web site might generate a unique ID number for each visitor and store the ID number on each user's machine using a cookie file.
¬ If you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer to browse the Web, you can see all of the cookies that are stored on your machine. The most common place for them to reside is in a directory called c:windowscookies. When you look in that directory on your computer, each file is a text file that contains name-value pairs, and there is one file for each Web site that has placed cookies on your machine.
You can see in the directory that each of these files is a simple, normal text file. You can see which Web site placed the file on your machine by looking at the file name (the information is also stored inside the file). You can open each file by clicking on it and delete it.

eh, no.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Just remembered, I did search for a teaching qualification though, could be the reason.:idea:

Top Bottom