Advantages and dis advantages

marra watson

Reaction score
can of few of you tell me the advantages and disadvantges of this,

come on site a few weeks back to lift a house lets call it block 2 all was fine untill i got on to the gable, block 1 was based out 5 and 1 insides the block 2 was 3 and 2 inside board, and the both shared the same out side standard. the house's have about 4 ft in ground hight diffrence can any 1 tell me why you would do this cause i have no idea why twould be based out like this when it all needs alterd every time you lift 1 as you lift 1 the lift hight is around about hand rail hight of the other complete night mare you would of thourght that the scaffs woul see this when basing out and all to save extra 6 standards and best of it all who eev based it out hanst had to lift it and no dout ill be the 1 sent to alter it for dashin and non of the lifts are right brikies doing 6 coursed then 8 then 5 then another course at 4 high feking jokes :mad:

can of few of you tell me the advantages and disadvantges of this,

come on site a few weeks back to lift a house lets call it block 2 all was fine untill i got on to the gable, block 1 was based out 5 and 1 insides the block 2 was 3 and 2 inside board, and the both shared the same out side standard. the house's have about 4 ft in ground hight diffrence can any 1 tell me why you would do this cause i have no idea why twould be based out like this when it all needs alterd every time you lift 1 as you lift 1 the lift hight is around about hand rail hight of the other complete night mare you would of thourght that the scaffs woul see this when basing out and all to save extra 6 standards and best of it all who eev based it out hanst had to lift it and no dout ill be the 1 sent to alter it for dashin and non of the lifts are right brikies doing 6 coursed then 8 then 5 then another course at 4 high feking jokes :mad:

I'm struggling to picture this one marra.

Maybe they were trying to avoid an outer guardrail?

Draw it for us...

Simple enough marra, the scaff made an erse of it. No plan no thought and the client will end up picking up the tab for more alterations through his own ignorance as he didn't spell out what was required.

Simple enough marra, the scaff made an erse of it. No plan no thought and the client will end up picking up the tab for more alterations through his own ignorance as he didn't spell out what was required.

Haha! And pigs might fly...

"I gave you the drawings and tender stage and you gave me a price to scaffold the blocks progressivly with the brickwork"

3 and 2 5 and 1.jpg

doesnt look to bad on my pic ahaha (for got to mention the block on the left i staffed off and when rinning last 20 ft in relised it had a cork screw lift on 2 ft it was ofver 40 by 40 they had lost 2 ft , its a fekin night mare with ya toppers , depending how high the block works up you crnt get a toe board on coz the hand rail form the block were its were you singles are tried talking to the brikies maby havien it 2 blokes down to get rid of the problem first time i when to lift 1 and they said they needed to go 8 course high every lift and that my gaffer ghad only priced for 3 lifts so every thing clashed front and back clashed and the gabels a night mare but when i whent back to lift it again they had onyl when 6 so you guest it it clashed again and again and again it all up now but going to be a cant to alter of dashing 1 things for certian i aint doing it all to save 6 standards. or at the very least make it 8 boards or 9 board wide wid 1 board inside and tell them the gable stay down until the last blok needs lifted simples

View attachment 1865

doesnt look to bad on my pic ahaha (for got to mention the block on the left i staffed off and when rinning last 20 ft in relised it had a cork screw lift on 2 ft it was ofver 40 by 40 they had lost 2 ft , its a fekin night mare with ya toppers , depending how high the block works up you crnt get a toe board on coz the hand rail form the block were its were you singles are tried talking to the brikies maby havien it 2 blokes down to get rid of the problem first time i when to lift 1 and they said they needed to go 8 course high every lift and that my gaffer ghad only priced for 3 lifts so every thing clashed front and back clashed and the gabels a night mare but when i whent back to lift it again they had onyl when 6 so you guest it it clashed again and again and again it all up now but going to be a cant to alter of dashing 1 things for certian i aint doing it all to save 6 standards. or at the very least make it 8 boards or 9 board wide wid 1 board inside and tell them the gable stay down until the last blok needs lifted simples

Is that to scale?

Looks like a very small house...

View attachment 1865

you can draw better than you can spell and write marra:eek:

Theres nothing holding them rockets to the launchpad.

Cant you drop your six standards in now?i expect you'd have to run a couple of ledgers in aswell,but is it worth it if there's only one more lift a nd a table to go?normally if your sharing a gable you'd split the difference and maybe start off with a blocking lift on the lower level??.....come on marra you've fecked that one right up,lol:cry::laugh::laugh:

Cant you drop your six standards in now?i expect you'd have to run a couple of ledgers in aswell,but is it worth it if there's only one more lift a nd a table to go?normally if your sharing a gable you'd split the difference and maybe start off with a blocking lift on the lower level??.....come on marra you've fecked that one right up,lol:cry::laugh::laugh:

wish it had been me that fekd it up the it would only be my own mess am working with lol, were on 3rd lift now no base plate no sole pads on wagaons for lifting blocks,

if sahring a gable i sertanly would use 1 out side standard unless it was all going up in a 1er like i said would of bee better to keep gable down till next lblock was ready for lifting but no they wouldnt have it i fkeing h8 brikies

wish it had been me that fekd it up the it would only be my own mess am working with lol, were on 3rd lift now no base plate no sole pads on wagaons for lifting blocks,

if sahring a gable i sertanly would use 1 out side standard unless it was all going up in a 1er like i said would of bee better to keep gable down till next lblock was ready for lifting but no they wouldnt have it i fkeing h8 brikies

think u nailed it there marra , the 2 scaffolds share the standard but the houses wont be built at the same time and the scaffolds wont be stripped at the same time , always leads to problems

Last edited:
Top Bottom