Advanced

paddy1

Reaction score
What jobs do u build on the course when ur doing it just wondering as goin on Monday to do it .

I replied to a similar thread about a week ago.

th_AnimatedGIF-BouncingSmiley.gif

Yes, lol.

Anyway.
On your Advanced, i found the most challenging part was the Staircase.
It was more then a normal Staircase, but a complete Stairtower with run offs and you had little room for error when it comes to your measurements, as if you measured one side of the stringers wrong, even by a few inches the other set of stringers would not fit.

The fabled Flying Shore was fairly easy, as was the Ramp.
I enjoyed the Raking Shore, though theres little way to erect it safely as its so small and the tubes are at funny angles, too close to even get a single board in.

I did:

A Hanger. (Hung off of Steels.)
A Temporary Roof.
A Raking Shore.
A 'Push and Pull' Shore (Basically like an Independent with a Buttress.)
A Flying Shore.
A Ramp.
A Staircase. (But bigger then the usual ones.)
A Heavy Duty Shore, with U-Heads.
A Haki Staircase.

I found it as hard as the Part 2, maybe even LESS of a challenge then the Part 2.

Either way, you'll love it.
Enjoy the 2 weeks off work. :)

Its not as bad as you think, something your shown are pretty handy and overall, unless you do something stupid like drop a tube on someone you'll pass with flying colours. :)

Cheers mate that's what a was looking for where did u do it glasgow

Erith in Kent.

CITB Erith - My Instructor was Peter Watts (RIP) a very nice bloke he was and a really good instructor.

course done mate wasnt bad at all we never done the flying shore or raking shore but they have adde the canteleiver drop to advance now instead of part 2 . not a bad course

Absolutely not, I tried that one already which in my opinion is a farce.

No mate, we was asked to put a Haki Staircase up, but we ended up watching Rambo on 'pirate' DVD instead, lol.
We was all marked at 100% for the job anyway.

God bless Pete (RIP) and Mark. :)
Both are f.ucking pukka Instructors.

What exactly is on the course mate? I'm at Erith on Monday for it.

we done a temp roof / hanger / staircase / deadshore / push and pull shore / and a ramp . we only get assessed on the first 2 when we go bk in 6mnth its just a money maker for them could of went through the practical and the paperwork in a week easy think its a bit more when u do it down south though

course done mate wasnt bad at all we never done the flying shore or raking shore but they have adde the canteleiver drop to advance now instead of part 2 . not a bad course

Just done first week of my part 2 at bulwell. Done a truss out through the window, down the droppers. Brace it up & then build an independent up the wall. Is that the same thing as the cantilever drop ?

Just done first week of my part 2 at bulwell. Done a truss out through the window, down the droppers. Brace it up & then build an independent up the wall. Is that the same thing as the cantilever drop ?

No mate thats a truss out. A cantilever drop is when you erect a scaffold then needle out and drop down the scaffold. You generally put counterweight on the back scaffold (if you need to do the counterweight with tube get Alan666 to walk it round for you.)
Used to do it all with tube back in the day but probably use beams now??

No mate thats a truss out. A cantilever drop is when you erect a scaffold then needle out and drop down the scaffold. You generally put counterweight on the back scaffold (if you need to do the counterweight with tube get Alan666 to walk it round for you.)
Used to do it all with tube back in the day but probably use beams now??

A good answer.
I did the same on my Part 2 and it was also with Tube, counterweighted with 25kg blocks, or something to that degree.

Cantilevered Truss-out: In a room, with a window... Small Dolly Tower, Screw Jacked into the floor/ceiling and thrown out the window, dropped down off a butt and then spurred back up and a Scaffold (Tower/Small Independent) built off that.

Cantilevered Dropper: On a roof, with a 4/5ft wall and a sheer drop the other side... 13ft square or so 'Horse'/Framework with - Kicker lift, top ledger @ 13ft and a middle ledger that sails out way past the end of the wall becoming a Needle, which is then used to support the 2 'Trapeze' parts of your Hanger/Dropper, pulled back to your top ledger and counterweighted on the back of the middle ledger.

If that makes any sense, its been a good 6 years, since i did my Part 2, lol. :eek:

Top Bottom