advanced course

scaffie bull

Reaction score
Hi all decided to book my advanced course last week but just reading through some threads ive become confused with the talk of skills tests and new portfolio diarys just wondered if any one could explain the new system thanks

Alrite scaffy bull, its all a bit confusing but theres loadsa people on here that will give you info, sometimes takes time for them to get round to it,good luck with your advanced course mate.

hi scaffie bull do you mean for the asessment or the 2 week training course? for the portfolio all you gotta have is proof that you have and can do te specific jobs required and signed by the gaffer you dont need all pages and pages and photos for it. bircha newton dont ask for it hope that helps you mate

I needed, design drawings , method statements, risk assesments, letter from work saying I'd done the jobs, think that was it....

If its anything like the new part two portfolio, you can use handover certificates with job details ect, get them verified but your manager, however i have been told that you dont have to supply photographic evidence unless you want to but this can go against you as they scrutinise the picture and will fail you if anything is not there likeing.
Time sheets to corrispond with each job you handover is also accepted i think?

what about this skills test what is this

2 days work in the training centre after your NVQ is signed off to prove you can erect advanced scaffolds with no tuition. As the wording says Skills Test it is pass/fail.

Top Bottom