Additional Training

aom

Reaction score
I have always had a problem getting the right training at the right time, even my local training group are usually a day late and a dollar short for scaffold training unless you are looking to train a few monkeys with the system BASE erector which I have an opinion on but that's for another thread. Scaffolding Safety Services came up to my patch and spent the weekend training us on a wide range of issues I felt needed beefing up with the advent of all these new regulations we find our selves working under. This was really the first time we have undertaken any training directly linked to scaffold as up to now it's all been first aid, smsts, forklift, confined space and too many others to mention. I can honestly say every man in the room learned something with one commenting he reckoned he learned more in 2 days with SSS than he did on his recent 2 week advanced course. I would just like to thank SSS for a very enjoyable well run course and we appreciate the effort you made in coming to us and we would have no hesitation in recommending you or getting you back up when all the regulations change again in the not too distant future and we require refreshers.

Thanks aom, I hope you managed to stay awake , Steve can talk a glass eye to sleep :D

Thanks aom, I hope you managed to stay awake , Steve can talk a glass eye to sleep :D

He can Ian but in all honesty he kept us all engaged and interested by getting the delegates to find solutions and I think it worked very well. I was also very impressed with the 3D modelling software you use for training the scaffs, looks a great piece of kit and all the trainers should have one. Things have certainly moved on since the instructors wore the white coats and used models they had made from lolly sticks and doweling that looked more like they had come from an art class in Barlinne.:eek:

There must have been a break in the wall if you were at Renfrew Jakdan, and they all wore them when I was there. Did you get trained with the Barlinne models?

Don't remember the CC but then I was a good boy.

You have a good set of lads working for you AOM. Anytime for more training buddy. Envolvement is the key within our training.. Im glad you all enjoyed it and For the Record AOM works in a very beautiful part of the country, the veiws where stunning. It certainly made the drive very pleasant.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

He can Ian but in all honesty he kept us all engaged and interested by getting the delegates to find solutions and I think it worked very well. I was also very impressed with the 3D modelling software you use for training the scaffs, looks a great piece of kit and all the trainers should have one. Things have certainly moved on since the instructors wore the white coats and used models they had made from lolly sticks and doweling that looked more like they had come from an art class in Barlinne.:eek:

The Software is 80% Mr Kevin Morris's 3D stuff. All my appreciation goes to Kev for the hours he did drawing all the componants and my gratitude in him giving it to me.Yes I do totally agree his work is top notch. 1 way to see if its Kevs stuff is see if the fittings on the presentations are Mills doubles. He now does drop forged aswell.

Well, as I said Steve very impressive it could be easily expanded to fulfil a whole load of applications. It might well be in common use across the country but I've never seen anything as simple and yet effective.

Glad you enjoyed the drive home, you certainly had plenty time to take in the sights.:D

Mmm, I'm staying clear of that one SSS.:eek:

yes mate thats what made me laugh,
he used to let us go for a pint at dinnertime at the cricket club, then come back and play with the models;)

get a grip jakdan fecking cricket,it was the bowling club must have has a good wee lunch tho ;)

aye it was we dont really do the old leather on willow shiite up here.
that was a real scaffolding training course you were on the good old days :bigsmile:

i think i learnt more on that part 1 than some do on the advanced now, they don't even show them how to tie on and mick cunningham done a cracking little drawing;)

Top Bottom