Additional hire

Urban monkey

Reaction score
Hey all.

I am intrested in what companies would charge hire per week. I have been running a very small firm for a few years and have always charged one price and just taken the job down when asked. I am now thinking of giving 4 weeks hire in main price then charging 5% for additional weeks. Any info or advice please.

We allways give 4 weeks inclusive unless they want more
with the price then charge 10%

you need to be careful of how many weeks you give for your initial price, we had a tax investigation a few years back and they strongly contested that surely a lump sum for 8 wks for example included hire , and as hire is taxable , vat rateable etc etc even on new builds , therefore we should in fact have been paying more vat an tax than we were shown to have charged or paid .

cant exactly remember the full ins an outs but im sure you know what i mean,
basically be careful about offering job lump prices that include multiple weeks

thats sound advise superscaff , i always give them 4 weeks and then a xtra hire rate of 10%, and invoice the xtra hire as a separate invoice inclusive of the VAT.

Good advice superscaff, come across that a few times now, especially with new builds.

We find ourselves coming under increasing pressure to reduce hire costs but you just end up cutting your own throat, 4 weeks here then as much as I reckon I can get.:cool:

Top Bottom