Adaptions

big john

Reaction score
If everything goes to plan i should have 4,big new builds to start when and if i get my loan,
Ive mock qouted one,proggressive 3 lifts for mason and roofer only,no adaptions,
2 sides will need adapting for plastering, the front adapted for a balcony and a horrible chimney,
Should i do these adaptions based on an hourly rate and put it on a Variation order sheet when said jobs are done or try to work out how long said jobs will take plus metreage etc and add on to qoute?
Cheers for any help
John.
Ps
Are you getting bored of all my questions yet:confused:

Not bored yet John.

I would never price for adaptions on my quote as you never know what other remedial works that will be required when you get there. Keep it simple and you have already done your bit by telling them alterations will be required, just let them know your hourly rate.

Get the variation sheets signed before doing the works though.:idea:

Could i note bill them for the plastering adaption for another lift all the way round?
I would have to raise 2nd lift,which in theory is putting in another lift,then drop boards from top lift to 2nd lift and stick in bottom handrail,thats all extra work,
Then strip out top lift which i cant bill for because ive allowed for that in my per metre price,
Or is that being a greedy little bugger?
Cheers
John

I always put any adaptions that are asked for on the spec , for example scaffold to go up for form work then adapted for brick work , but anything else i state minimum 4 hours day work at day work rate provided the gear is already on site for any minor adaptions , anything else i will give them a price before hand ,trouble is getting paid for adaptions these days can be a nightmare and you get the usual , " we aint got any money for it " thats ok mate we will do it for nothing then :rolleyes:

John you could always issue a S O R for all other work over and above your quoted items ?

I just cover what they've asked for initially,that way your qoute wont look to high,and the rest is extras,just get the agent to sign a variation order and apply the price pro rata,if they moan just say it's not on the original qoute so sign,or dont have it,play the feckers at their own game;)and good luck big john:cool:

Just to be facetious, there's no such word as 'adaption' - I think the word you are all looking for is 'adaptation'....

I just cover what they've asked for initially,that way your qoute wont look to high,and the rest is extras,just get the agent to sign a variation order and apply the price pro rata,if they moan just say it's not on the original qoute so sign,or dont have it,play the feckers at their own game;)and good luck big john:cool:

spot on wiv this geezer
schdule all works they ask for under 1 lump sum price to keep ur original quote low.
then give them a seperate list for the ratse for xtra work such as dw etc and per meter & dont forget 2 include the "plus logistical support" (fuel &del of xtra gear to site)
then when they ask for xtras get it in righting on a site instruction
once done hit em hard to get all the money back that u had to drop to get the contract in the 1st place

Thank feck for that, I was starting to think it was me.:cool:

haha, there is in ours, of course there is a feck, fud and lisinse as well.:D

As you get to know your clients better , you will notice who pays for extra works and who always wants to get out of paying, then remember next time you price a job for the one who wants to get out of paying, price it to include for adaptations but dont tell them that you have, then when he knocks you down a couple hundred quid at payment time , he thinks he done you for 200 sheets , but in reality you had already done him for 400 sheets so ya both happy chappies with ya 200 sheets each :laugh:

Top Bottom