Accident

LIGHTY

Reaction score
alright fellow scaffs just quick question whilst on site i slipped on fascia board left lying around knocking myself out for at least 20 seconds and resulting in being of work for a week whats my chances of winning my claim?

1 did you report it?????????

2 did you go to hospital.

3 was it entered in the accident book???????

4 was there any witnesses???????????????

Welcome fella,if your self employed you need to sue the main contractor,if your employed directly have a word with your gaffer he'll rather pay your wages for the week than go through the insurance route;)

If yes to the 4 Questions above 100% of winning claim Check C.A.B. They will point you in right direction

Last edited:
Thanks m8 all yes but no accident book in office and it was a redrow site

Citizens Advice Bureau
The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing ...

Welcome to the Forum Lighty

Find yourself a local solicitor that deals with compensation claims,most do,The first half hour of thier time is usually free.They will assess your claim and give you a definative answer as to if the claim is viable.

You have to prove NEGLIGENCE of the party you are claiming against.

They will in turn try to prove NEGLIGENCE on your part,in not avoiding the accident in the first place

Thanks for that m8 i got photos of site it was a mess and fascia just lying in thick mud

Playing "devils advocate" I would ask ;

Were you aware of the site conditions,

was there another route you could have taken

was the site manager aware of the hazards

why were you off work for a week what injuries did you sustain

were the pics taken before or after the accident

The defendant will go down every Avenue to put the negligence or a proportion of it on you

Seek legal advice as soon as possible

Were you paid your full wage for your time off?

What about approaching your gaffer if he has not already approached you?

As with other situations in life, running like a wee scalded cat to the lawyers every time we skin our knee's is not your only option.

alright fellow scaffs just quick question whilst on site i slipped on fascia board left lying around knocking myself out for at least 20 seconds and resulting in being of work for a week whats my chances of winning my claim?

did you have anything in you hands at all tube on your shoulder. If so you wont have a claim i dont think as manual handeling states your route should be clear b4 handeling anything i know its a joke but if insuracne got out \about them thell come at ya from that angle

Insurance companies are all tarred with same brush trained to look out for Get out Clause

Have held policies for many years from -house -car- personal -life -fire -accident -property - etc -im sure er indoors had planned something for future events and keep her in the manner accoustomed.

Cant wait to see when they come up against her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom