Access 55

daz

Reaction score
Alrite lads,ive got a lad over here working with me who may be forced to go back to the uk,as his other half wants to call it a day over here.She has family in the teeside area,and her bloke has been offered a start by the above named company,any info as to what they are like as a firm to work for would be apprieciated,cheers..

cheers mate,pressume hes got the contact details,hes just after a bit of background from anybody who does or has worked for them,he would like to know what sort of outfit they are before he jumps ship..

Powered by Google Site Web
Home News
Construction Access 55 is beating squeeze
Mar 21 2008 by Chris Knox, The Journal

ASCAFFOLDING company hopes to create 120 jobs and double its turnover securing a host of new contracts.

Hartlepool firm Access 55 believes it can now grow its turnover from £4m to £8m in the space of five years as well as double its workforce to 240 as part of its ambitious plans.

The firm believes it will be protected from the tightening trading conditions in the construction market after winning a number of contracts with major housebuilders, including Newcastle-based Barratt and York giant Persimmon.
This has seen it put up scaffolding at several developments across the North East.

The company is having to move into larger headquarters to make room for the extra staff. Access 55 has moved into the new base in Mainsforth Terrace, Hartlepool, and spent £150,000 refurbishing the buildings which now house all of its 118 staff and is around 10 times the size of its old sites in Redcar and Sunderland.

Commercial director Mark Wilson said: “We are seeing huge growth in the company, which is benefiting from a steady stream of new housing contracts. Although there are a number of problems in the construction sector at present, we expect to continue this growth.

“It is a major benefit being under one roof and having such good communications to the rest of the region. We are dedicated to creating skilled scaffolders and have put in a number of training programmes to help us do so.”

It is also supplying scaffolding to a number of non-housing projects in the region, including the building of the £20m Excelsior Academy school in Scotswood, Newcastle, and the expansion of Mandale Business Park near Belmont in Durham, which will eventually boast 500,000 sq ft of office space.

The firm has a good balance of ongoing scaffolding contracts, with 25% carried out at council houses, 30% at private houses and 45% at non-housing developments.

The business was originally set up with the help of an unsecured loan from UK Steel Enterprise (UKSE), the subsidiary of steel giant Corus, which supports new and growing businesses in the steel industry.

Simon Hamilton, UKSE’s regional manager said: “Access 55 has more than fulfilled our expectations for growth, built up an impressive client list and created jobs in the Tees Valley.”

daz there not too bad just want there pound of flesh the same as all firms tell him to try swales aswell if thats the type of graft he is after

my mate just finished by them , he was on a week sick cos pulled his back , recieved p45 through post , phoned supervisor who said news to me pal i have a word in office, never got back to him, they also gave him between 15 an 25 quid a week for diesel though he was using near a £100, they had him running all over place, picking lads up , dropping them off and they couldnt even send the right kit to jobs,

dont know them personally but sound a shower of **** to me , back stabbing and buddy bum bum club

there absolutly rip off ******** mick knight is a fat rip off piece of **** who spys on you .....complete ******** !!!!!!! sorry pal truth!!

there absolutly rip off ******** mick knight is a fat rip off piece of **** who spys on you .....complete ******** !!!!!!! sorry pal truth!!
His father, Bernard Snr was a manager for I.S.L years ago and he was a horrible sod.
It sounds like the son is a chip off the old block !

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Remember him now when he was a Trainee for I.S.L on ICI Billingham.
The lads used to call him 'The Pig'
Right clever little tosser who thought he was untouchable because of his slimy father.

slimy basterd is a better name for him, i have worked for him at i.s.l. years ago
he will never change ,all ways ripping you off.
so sounds like his sons just the same,fat pig sounds right to me ,so tell ya mate to be careful.

haha thats exactly what he is ... a complete piss take !!!! the fat pig hahaa yeah its his brothers company bernie jnr

A55.... they worked alongside the crowd that I was with in the able shipyard, on the ensco jackups, just recently...The lads I supposed seemed ok, but i dont think the management was paying them decent coin... apart from one or 2 leaders...they more interested in knowing what we were on (can u blame them).. is the grass greener!!!!!?

Thanks for all the replies lads,sounds as if they are one to avoid coming from the feedback recieved,sounds like their gaffers need to remember they are only as good a firm as the lads they employ,cheers ill pass on info tomorrow...:eek:

Yer dad did for him with someone esle donn't kown his name

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Commercial director Mark Wilson

Top Bottom