a technical question

No32

Reaction score
morning and thanks in advance. i wonder if someone can give me some guidance (i am not a scaffolder) . i live in an end of terrace circa 120 year old Victorian cottage. After our flank wall (which is our boundary) we have a neighbour's driveway and then their standard 1930 semi detached. we are going to build a loft extension but the neighbour is very very particular about their drive and insists upon parking their car in the drive at all times. the builder we are going to use has said that the scaffolders need to have a working platform on all three sides of my house (at eaves level) and this will have vertical supports front and back and then for the run down the side (over the neighbour's drive) they will use a cantilever system. All this sounds good, but does anyone have any clever ideas as to how i can shield the neighbors drive and car from dust, debris and crap during the works.......... the working platforms will have boards for access and i am not fussed about dust etc falling front and rear, it is just a way to keep the neighbour happy and keep his car protected......... what is done when scaffold goes over public footpaths etc? don't want to have to deal with an irate neighbour who has a brick shaped dent in the roof of his car.....or a slate embedded in his bonnet.....
thanks and much appreciated......

re

hi, good suggestion but he / they are tea total.......... any technical suggestions? will deff have a chat with them but am looking for a techy solution.

How about a temp,scaff structure with a tin roof to park car under. Or close board and sheet (Tarp)over deck and sides to stop debris dropping through..

If you speak to the builder & scaffs letting them know in advance they will allow for this in the form of debris netting & a monarflex sandwhich to the beamwork over the shared drive...unfortunitley accidents do happen & the only way to keep the cars 100%safe is for them not to be parked there at all. I think the maximum i would give to keep neighbourly good will would be to arrange thete car to be valeted every week whilst works continue

On the street we have a run of boards with a waterproof sheet ont he top and then anothe run of board on top of this this stop most of the dust loose building materials but its inevtable that some will come down to the floor best option is to try and get them to keep car off drives. Failing that the waterproff sheet way and some debris netting down to the floor form the job would do a logn wya but wont stop it all

morning and thanks in advance. i wonder if someone can give me some guidance (i am not a scaffolder) . i live in an end of terrace circa 120 year old Victorian cottage. After our flank wall (which is our boundary) we have a neighbour's driveway and then their standard 1930 semi detached. we are going to build a loft extension but the neighbour is very very particular about their drive and insists upon parking their car in the drive at all times. the builder we are going to use has said that the scaffolders need to have a working platform on all three sides of my house (at eaves level) and this will have vertical supports front and back and then for the run down the side (over the neighbour's drive) they will use a cantilever system. All this sounds good, but does anyone have any clever ideas as to how i can shield the neighbors drive and car from dust, debris and crap during the works.......... the working platforms will have boards for access and i am not fussed about dust etc falling front and rear, it is just a way to keep the neighbour happy and keep his car protected......... what is done when scaffold goes over public footpaths etc? don't want to have to deal with an irate neighbour who has a brick shaped dent in the roof of his car.....or a slate embedded in his bonnet.....
thanks and much appreciated......

:huh:

lo mate an ideal solution would be your standard independent scaffolding with a small protection fan both these scaffolds need to be double boarded with a plastic membrane in between the double boards on the independent and protection fan,i would go for double toe boards and debri netting and tie the net to the bottom toe board with roof lat heavy duty membrane any builders supply it when your estimator comes round from your desired contractor explain what you want and the scaffolding contractor should know his stuff good luck.MAKE SURE YOU COVER YOUR ARSE too many no win no fee out there and everyone is after a fast buck

Top Bottom