A northern legend.

Aye up the weeman was a legend and also a great mind
i remember watching him on his holidays to blackpool and his poor wife and kid had to sit in the van in the rain as he and his wee mate took down a chimney---fecking class

He's at his best here,not many could climb up them chimney's,and he even comes down for his snap before going back up,legend:amazed:

Apologies for highjacking the thread, bit of a Dibnah fan, was looking for the video of him putting the flag on the chimney scaffold for the queens birthday, makes for some interesting viewing watching him balancing on one pole of scaff, couldn't find it though.

here's one of him up india mill chimney...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R3-YwDZrzg]Fred Dibnah How to climb a chimney overhang at 50+ - YouTube[/ame]

hello by the way, long time lurker, first post.

theres gibbs the head of the mob puttin down a legend ,, shame on u gibbs ,, im irish and i wish i was half the man of fred !!!!!!!!!!1 a legend , god rest

Aye up the weeman was a legend and also a great mind
i remember watching him on his holidays to blackpool and his poor wife and kid had to sit in the van in the rain as he and his wee mate took down a chimney---fecking class

+1.

i talk like that because im waiting on the hate mob ,, ive watched all of freds videos , wish i could of met him in life ,,, it brings back the truth ,, u get up and do it or ya dont get paid ,, and after time ya grow to love it ,, man was a living legend and ya hear people like gibbs puttin the man down bcos he was from north england ,, unbelieveable !thats not a dig ,, its just the hate mob love to hate ,, hateful bas.tards , but watch and see . i will be barred bcause i stand up to them !

Fred was "The Man and will be forever a legend. You won't be barred frank, plenty of arguments occurring all over the place on here recently, myself included :laugh:

Class act.How old was he climbing that ladder. He was the famous steeplejack, there were many like him.

Class act.How old was he climbing that ladder. He was the famous steeplejack, there were many like him.

Not sure, he was 66 when he died and his lads just a toddler on that vid n think he was around 18 when his dad died so fred must have only just been over 50, pretty good going, those overhanging ladders look hard work, this chimney is f-ing massive, always amazes me how high when i drive past.

It was laddered recently and some urban explorers climbed it, the Darwen mayor said they should be hung for climbing it.

Little know fact... Fred carved his initials into the top of it in 91 which I'm guessing was when he climbed it for this vid.

Not sure, he was 66 when he died and his lads just a toddler on that vid n think he was around 18 when his dad died so fred must have only just been over 50, pretty good going, those overhanging ladders look hard work, this chimney is f-ing massive, always amazes me how high when i drive past.

It was laddered recently and some urban explorers climbed it, the Darwen mayor said they should be hung for climbing it.

Little know fact... Fred carved his initials into the top of it in 91 which I'm guessing was when he climbed it for this vid.

i do it on every chimney stack i do lol

Top Bottom