7.5 tonne loading list

big john

Reaction score
Im after a loading list for a full mixed load for a 7.5 ton truck,i been driving 15 ton trucks for ages now whete you dont have to worry to much about overloading,
From what i remember its 40 boards and about 4 row of tube with fifty 5 foots and a mix of fittings behind cab

Can send you a weights formatt on excell you just punch in the number of long boards fittings and it tells you the weight of the materials ?

Never really thought about the exact weight, when loading a 3 ½ tonner.
Usually just do 2 rows of 20 high Boards on each side, Long'uns up the middle flanked by 16fts and 13fts on the same side where the fittings go up the top behind the cab and 10fts and 8fts on the same side where the 5fts go up the top also.

3 sets of doubled up 8ft Boards bridged accross the 13ft Boards and extra 13ft Board laid on top of them - as many as is needed.

More then likely overloaded though, lol.

Similar to our selves Jason although we only go 10 high with the boards and it's still easy to over load. The usual is stop when you hear the mud flaps hit the deck unless there is just a wee bit more to come then cut said mud flap.;)

just be careful when you load a wagon, not all wagons weigh the same. Some people think that they can carry 3.5 tonne but I would go for a load around the 3.3 tonne per load, that should bring you in with the legal limit.

been stopped a few times by vosa last year and they told us that weve been over lodaing by at least 1.5t eveyr time they said they knwo it happens and as long as the boards dont go over the sides of the wagon thell turn a blind eye as to be under was 4 boards hight 3 x2 each side of back end tube same high as bards and fives level and few dog bones and fitting came under by about 100kg lasted 20 mins on the job and back to the yard vosa might be a bit stricter round end not sure but weven been told as long as its not over the sides we wont pull ya (maby been a cas eof a brown envolope i have no idea)

I suppose it does depend on where you live but I wouldn't like to trust that to be the case. I took a load of hired system back to the supplier just before christmas and staked it 4 stillages high. I spoke to a local driver who told me he got nailed at 3 high for an un-safe load even although he was under his weight. I think I was just fortunate that day.

It doesn't really make sense to run them heavy all the time anyway does it, with all the damage you can do, I was thinking about swapping the 7.5tonner for a 10 tonner and getting a trailer for the 26 tonner. Might be too much though.:worried:

Drawbar ? Fook that , most 7.5 are downrated 10 tonners
Had 2 nickings last mon a 7.5 ton was 3.6ton overweight and transit 2.3 ton overweight , was funny truck got towed prohibitioned and impounded i just went there tuesday paid the bail then got different driver to take up to liverpool

Do you not fancy the draw bar Scaffy. I have the perfect truck for it, all fitted and plenty guts.

Can't be bothered uprating/downrating too much hassle.

Is that the scanny u had ? Na drawbars are grief mate !!

The scanny is dead, long live the Volvo. Draw bar hitch ready to go and the crane that will reach to the back of it still attached. You might be right, it was just a thought.

damo - thx for the excell doct but it doesn't seem to work when inputting the figures is almost as thought the formulas arnt within the spreedsheet :-(

Top Bottom