50mm eye bolts

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get the 50mm eye bolts for the 14mm nylon plugs , i tried Apollo but they only do the 25mm

Seen them in the leach's catalogue but may have been the self tapper type.

leachs do the self tapper type , but i seen some on a job the other day that where in the 14mm plug , i bought a load of the 25mm eyes from apollo but the fittings that i bought to go with them i wasent mad on , so thought the bigger eye bolts would work better in general ties

What is it about the hooks don't you like? We use them quite a lot and they seem to work quite well. We use the one's where the tube hit's the wall.

Thats the ones i bought 50 of them and found them fiddle to us either the eye is to far away or to near and i find it hard to pull the fitting tight on the tube , i always used to just put the butt on the piss with the hilti ring and when you tighten the double it pulls the tube really tight t the wall . But iam totally converted to the 14mm plug they really are a great tie in brickwork

Agreed, not too shabby in stone either to be honest. Just get workshy to fit them all, that's what I do when things get a bit fiddly.;)

fu ck that aom we call him stevie wonder for a good reason

if i said stick 4 ties in that lift i would find him an hour later on face book talking to his pals ,
only way for him is up top with me , or its grandfather duty for the day ,

The old man had a heart attack a few months back, think i told you , anyway he went to a job for me today to strictly supervise the lads , i gets there at 3pm and he is up pulling out unit beams , i grabbed the lads and said i feeking told you he is not allowed to anything what you playing at , turned out when they told him he wasent allowed to work he told them he would give them a slap if they didnt get the fu ck out of his way , you cant keep the old dog down

use to h8 the hooks ties that allowed you to butt of the wall preferd the hook that whent in to the tube but now prefer the off the wall yans simles doubbles on tie tube in pull it off a touch fit tie loose mark on wall slide back drill insert appollo tie then fix hook and wrap off simples you dont get much play thow .

dont work in mm so which are the 14 mm pics please

You did tell me and to be honest you wouldn't really expect anything less from the old brigade. It must be frustrating as hell watching young strong men make a total erse of a job when he know's he could do it in half the time.

The thing is, I think they don't know they are old. I went to visit my old man in hospital once, I asked him how things were and he said fine but they stuck me in here with all these old b@astards. I scanned the ward and he was the oldest man in the room by a good 15 years.:laugh:

fu ck that aom we call him stevie wonder for a good reason

if i said stick 4 ties in that lift i would find him an hour later on face book talking to his pals ,
only way for him is up top with me , or its grandfather duty for the day ,

The old man had a heart attack a few months back, think i told you , anyway he went to a job for me today to strictly supervise the lads , i gets there at 3pm and he is up pulling out unit beams , i grabbed the lads and said i feeking told you he is not allowed to anything what you playing at , turned out when they told him he wasent allowed to work he told them he would give them a slap if they didnt get the fu ck out of his way , you cant keep the old dog down

ahaha did that include ya good self? never too big for a hiding off the olde man lol

Phil try the rubber inserts theyre for the m16 hilti rings in brickwork and can be reusable s well...leeches sell them as well

Marra when he had the heart attack i had to go the job he was working on and confiscate his tools ,and me mum hid his boots in case he tried to go back to work , when he found out he went fu cking ballistic and threatened to smash me teeth down me throat , the mad old goat is nearly 68 and i thought for a few seconds that i was in danger of needing a good dentist real quick

and another name he has is "Snail boy " he really dont like that one , although in his defence he is a better these days

haha, that one could stick.:laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

If you pardon the pun.:laugh:

I know I am a day late but the old forum sponsor ADI have a good range of ties.

I have dealt with Dino in the past who is very helpful. Tel - 01384 483657

Top Bottom