3 scaffolders in a gang

doc

Reaction score
Most scaffolding firms work 3 handed 2 scaffs 1 bottom hand .With tg 20 coming in ,advanced guardrail are we going down lines of 2 or maybe 3 scaffs in a gang or part1 as minimum . so there is no 2 handed work. There seems to be nothing written about how many in a gang in guidence

Don't think there ever will be either except no lone work. 2 handed can still erect no problem complying with current reg's.

I find using the scaffstep requires 3 men in a gang/squad so the two scaffs aren't constantly climbing up and down, clipping on and off. I have still to use the advanced guardrail system but it has to be better than that ******* step, it does my head in.

You could alway's slide the hand rail in front of you Bundy.

Told you!! Just try the advanced tunnelling method, no problems no expence.

Well done Ragscaff, mon the scaff's.:cool:

You could alway's slide the hand rail in front of you Bundy.

Sorry mate, I should have clarified. I don't mind using the step with T+F as much, it's system scaffolds where it fails big time. Having to build one bay at a time with only two men is a right pain in the @rse

i always work in a 2 if its price .much easier to make money

Don't know what the prices are like there Allan, but while working within the regulations, I find it near on impossible to make money on a price

The open edge saga that has caused all this panic is crazy. You can get killed falling down an incline as well.

How come roofers don't need fall protection up a 30ft incline on a roof?

Why does the car mechanic not need a hand rail round his car pit?

Will you need a harness to get out of a lorry?

Trained to do a job, governed by your trade body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes thats we come to a stop!!

Oh sorry , mainly worked in 2 handed gangs.

Sorry mate, I should have clarified. I don't mind using the step with T+F as much, it's system scaffolds where it fails big time. Having to build one bay at a time with only two men is a right pain in the @rse

Funny thing Bundy, we are the exact opposite, we regularly use cup lok and now find it not too bad. I get what you mean about up and down all day but if you plan it a bit you can install the hand rail for 2 bays without moving.

Funny thing Bundy, we are the exact opposite, we regularly use cup lok and now find it not too bad. I get what you mean about up and down all day but if you plan it a bit you can install the hand rail for 2 bays without moving.

Not if yer using fecking Kwikguards though :mad:

Aren't you having to over stretch a bit to put the 2nd bay's ledgers in AOM? It's a good idea but I can imagine it putting a bit of strain on the lower back and sides

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

The open edge saga that has caused all this panic is crazy. You can get killed falling down an incline as well.

How come roofers don't need fall protection up a 30ft incline on a roof?

Why does the car mechanic not need a hand rail round his car pit?

Will you need a harness to get out of a lorry?

Trained to do a job, governed by your trade body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes thats we come to a stop!!

Oh sorry , mainly worked in 2 handed gangs.

Totally agree mate, it is getting ridiculous

Not if yer using fecking Kwikguards though

Aren't you having to over stretch a bit to put the 2nd bay's ledgers in AOM? It's a good idea but I can imagine it putting a bit of strain on the lower back and sides

Kwikguard is a different kettle of fish in fact yellow jelly as a whole was not considered when developing the step. I don't really find it a stretch but thats with cup-lok which in my opinion slots in a bit easier. The returns must be a pain in the back side with the square trannies?

Kwikguard is a different kettle of fish in fact yellow jelly as a whole was not considered when developing the step. I don't really find it a stretch but thats with cup-lok which in my opinion slots in a bit easier. The returns must be a pain in the back side with the square trannies?

Total pain mate. I even considered using a dummy lift instead of the step when we were given the choice but was told I would have to erect a ladder every time I moved the lift :laugh: Pretty much why I'd prefer the advanced guardrail although any of these methods slow you down to the point where you can't make money. I have yet to meet a subbie who can turn a profit while working within the regulations and using the step

When I Was Subbie To Interserve We Had To Buy The Step. The Way Ahead It Was Called Yeah Right Think Ive Used It Twice, Poorly Thought Out Piece Of Scrap Alloy.Cause Thats All It Is Now Its Getting Harder And Harder To Make Money Now Some Jobs Just Aint Worth The Effort,Im Actually Taking Home The Same Now As I Was Fifteen Years Ago, And All The Grief You Could Handle

Can't argue with that Gerscaff, been hearing that a few years now. Look on the bright side still in 4 competitions and Healey with a scoring début. :cool:

the step was brought in for safety reasons so why are guys still rushing around trying to make a target with something that was implemented for safety companies should never have men working target with it.

Top Bottom