1st Scaffolding gone into administration

R

ragscaff

In Exeter

A new company has been formed by new owners called 1st Scaffolding UK.

Ragscaff

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much of this sort of thing goes on, but as we said the other week... you go bust owing money, especially in tax, and the taxman/ VATman never forget and will hound you mercilessly...

I know Joe very well and have worked along side him for many years .

When he left Denholms ( Key Scaffolding ) in Yeovil and started 1st with a wealthy backer behind him, his main intention was to hold the company for 10 years only and walk away .

Now i have not spoke to him for over 2 years now but his money problems have been well documented where-ever you go , so this is no surprise .

I still talk to many scafolders from there and the Supervisor lives just a few roads away from where i live so ill have a chat with him and find out what's going on .

Last edited by a moderator:
Company i worked for went into voluntary liquidation last week, im owed money, redundancy, notice pay and holidays..... And at a loss as the maxinum you can claim is £400 a week!!! Its so easy to go bust these days im so cheesed off!!!

Should fall on the Directors more!

If the company has failed in trading & a new buyer is found the least should happen is all the lorries & gear that is owned should be sold to pay debts.

Sounds like all they have to do is put UK it front of whats already on the lorries.
:sick:

When a firm go's under that you work for its gutting, i and a lot of other people worked hard to help our firm make money but, sometimes the people at the top are fighting a losing battle and have to call it a day. The light is there as, everyone i worked with is back in work and making better money.

Lots goin under good for cheap gear tho !

Bully your not far off for for payments it is £380 per week, they will deduct 20% basic rate tax plus national insurance before payment

It a sad state of affairs

we know how hard it is in this game but if your creditors dont pay you the cash flow drops you may have the work but cant pay your lads or other bills weve lernt some valuable lessons over the last 2 years and tread more carefully as a result. lets hope their lads and you get something.

as i understand it all the employees were given jobs in the "new" company and the majority of business that were owed money were paid. it would seem the people hardest hit when they went bust was the tax man and those that took the old company to court over jumped up cases and finally pushed them over the edge. in both of the latter cases i cant say it bothers me at all, and yes i do know some of he people that work there, so may have a jaundiced view.

I did hear that the Director of the old Company Joe Fitzpatrick has been employed as a Contracts manager by the new consortium .
The other two Directors jumped the sinking ship a few months back .

There is light at the end of the tunnel , they are now taking on more guys for there ever increasing work load and orders .

Bully your not far off for for payments it is £380 per week, they will deduct 20% basic rate tax plus national insurance before payment

Its 1 x weeks pay for every full year's service between the ages 22 and 41

1.5 x weeks pay for every full year's service over the age of 41

The rate of pay will be a maximum of £380 or the weekly wage if less than £380

All payments in lieu of notice are liable for Tax and NI contributions

Just been told that 1st has been re-entered into Administration and would probably close the doors this time round , Joe has applied for Contracts Manager on Dixons .

Any of you guys heard any whispers ?

i worked for powertherme a couple of years ago when they went tits up,its not nice thing to happen to anybody.

Top Bottom