13ft METAL PANS

johnymush

Reaction score
Do any of you lad have any ideas or surgestions on how to tie lappers when useing metal pans "rope not an option" we been doing a job wich has to be all metal pans in a pipe rack so needs quite a lot of lappers but up to now no 1 as been able to come up with a good way of tieing them down do yous no of any systems in place or way we can tie them??

the boss as been getting us to go round useing "SILICONE SEALANT" to stick them down!!!:wacko::wacko:

Last edited:
hello m8 they arnt flat sheets the are like boards only made out of metal same dimensions as a board. i no what your sayin about trip hazard but they have been useing them on this site must be for years , they used to use dogs wich made evan more of a trip hazard but they carnt use them any more.

Last edited:
i will mention the flat sheets to them but they wont be going on the job that is up now would mean to much time and money to do that now what they need for now is a quick sollution, they were useing dogs but have had to remove them. but thanks anyway i will mention the plates.

Last edited:
We used thin nut and bolts through the holes in the boards.

Get some self tapping screws and attach to tube

Put a steel zip tie loosely on the transom underneath your lap and then you can use normal limpets which will tighten up a treat:idea:

i will pass all these surgestions on and let them deside how they want to move forward with it at the end of the day they have had this site long enough they should have came up with a solution by now

Clip the lip on the bottom side of the board off the transom. It should work if you got the same tin as we use

try 12mm steel banding if for long term or plastic if short term as its easy to cut free

only an idea to throw at you but thats right m8 and there no trip hazard as its so tight and flush with the board- we use it on normal brds in a storm warning so dont see why it wouldnt work on pans

tell you what m8 out of all the ideas iv had thrown at me evan with all the managment and lads at work you have hit the nail on the head "cheap enough and easy enough" deffinatly be takin the credit for this 1 :)

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

no ill tell i posted the question :)

Waanker lolo thats my idea lolo
all off ebay
1500m roll 12mm banding (350lb) £25
banding tool £25-80
2000 x metal fastners £18

Never seen a 13 ft steel pan? Who mekes em, are they supported evry 4 ft or clear span?

Layher lapper boards come in 2 types, one is about 20 mm deep and the other is the top skim of their boards, they are both fixed with a plastic threaded plug.

Tie wire doubled up n twisted into a basic fswr works to tie them plastic cable ties even the rated ones are prone to breaking on edges, s steel cable ties work well if your loaded! The guns cost a sh... Load.

Best way to lap steel is to use checka plate, 4 mm with holes in it to tie through flush bolts, coach bolts work a treat, just watch your spans mate.

Top Bottom