12 hour shift?

1969scaff

Reaction score
Scaff on the forum going back in to 12 hour shifts.12 hours?WHY? Not knocking the lad his choice,just seems to me the decent working hours lads fought for years ago have dissapeared.Not just in the building trade but in shops and factories.Young girl in our road had to be in work in a shop in Liverpool city center for 6 in the morning two days before XMAS.No extra rate same rate as always,minimum wage rate.Had to get a taxi so there's a big chunk of her wage gone.This seems to be common practice work late or SAT,SUN same rates.People fought for decent wages,shorter working hours,overtime rates ect.All gone.Short term contracts,zero hour contracts.12 hour shifts,7 day working week.The old union boys must be turning in their graves!!

In this day and age the upcoming working class have all the Mod cons living with parents of the passed generation who had to fight for all that they had.
This up and coming will not have any fight in there stomach as we now live in a society of debt alcoholics they will only talk and will not walk for better working conditions
to many immigrants waiting in the wings in this country ready to take the position of any person who will try for better conditions ,
Bad news travels fast in this day and age that's why people just take what they can get and go home quiet

I think most people are just happy to be in work, i agree with you old scaff, you disagree with your employer they know they can get someone else in to cover your role and more often than not it will be a foreigner who will work longer for less.

I would love a 12 hour job for a year or so get something behind me before the family ties weigh you down

Last edited:
Never sign up for a 12hrs shift Bob unless after 8hrs the money goes up and at weekends after 1 mate

There's only one bloke who gets rich on tones and that's Andy, the blokes love a bit of brown nosing and grassing for no extra money.

Take it uve lived the tone dream then rc???? Lol na in truth the boys in general are pukka there was only one I didnrt get on with ( and yes I know the grasses section mate) but its not for me now had 8 months that will do

we get what wqe deserve the offshore game in my opinion is a disgrace with the amount of men begging for 3 weekers when they know men are screaming out for work.
The mass immigration and the open market was a dream for the british employers as we have the worst Workers Rights in the whole of Europe.
THE CLEVEREST THING THATCHER EVER DONE WAS THE RIGHT TO BUY YOUR COUNCIL HOUSE AS WHEN YOUR UP TO YOUR NECK IN DEBT YOU CANT WALK.
we are going back to the victorian era in britain BUT ITS WHAT WE DESERVE :mad:

Done a month on there years ago Bobby and jacked, there was a few good blokes on there but a lot of them left now, same with the office staff to.

With many firms going system, its far easier for firms like TRAD to employ mongs from europe to build their lego for them, rather than the good old proper t&f british scaff.

I'm afraid to say grasses and brown noses are everywhere in our trade I'd say every firm have because in this day and age it's not what you know it's who you know.

I think you'll find it's not what you know, it's who you blow.

Scaff on the forum going back in to 12 hour shifts.12 hours?WHY? Not knocking the lad his choice,just seems to me the decent working hours lads fought for years ago have dissapeared.Not just in the building trade but in shops and factories.Young girl in our road had to be in work in a shop in Liverpool city center for 6 in the morning two days before XMAS.No extra rate same rate as always,minimum wage rate.Had to get a taxi so there's a big chunk of her wage gone.This seems to be common practice work late or SAT,SUN same rates.People fought for decent wages,shorter working hours,overtime rates ect.All gone.Short term contracts,zero hour contracts.12 hour shifts,7 day working week.The old union boys must be turning in their graves!!

my wife has the same 1969 scaff shes in care work awfull money and her shifts sometime go into Saturday and sunday she gets a extra 5p uplift its a discrace but if her owners ave to call in agency staff they clean up with the extra money. £170 a week I would love to say shove it but the £680 a month pays the bills perhaps if the scaffold rates come beter I will say stuff your 5p weekends extra a hour its the same old story some one else will do it!!! you wait for the foreigh flood this aprill rates will be even worse

Same here dico. I got the wife to give up her job in a cafe, her wages wern't brill but she was getting treated like shiit, so the one day i was working local and i went in to her shock but could see she wasn't in the best mood. So went up to her told her to get her coat she was leaving then told the poxxy owner to give me her wages and she wouldnt be back.
Yeah we've struggled like fuuck but i wasnt letting her get treated like shiit.

That's awful den fair play to ya if I was in same poss I'd do the same rather struggle that have the missus treated like that I know blokes that would do the opposite

Yeah it just after we got together mate. Family comes first bobby then work but jo understands thst i work 7 days for them and i come aftet. I wouldn't wish our possition on anyone mate, but we get by..

Top Bottom