04:25 everyday.....

Joe bawden

Reaction score
Scaffolding is clearly early early starts. I get up at half four/25 past everyday and on Sundays I would really like to sleep past six! But I never can'n I'd love to see how it feels to get up and have some one have a coffee ready for me for once , does this jargon annoy my fellow "scaffs" too??

Shake yourself out of it for F**k sake.

I've been getting up at 4 since I was 12 on me paper round. I've done it ever since, I'm goin on 59 now never had a lay in :(

Alan respect to what you are saying! But with addition to 3 daughters under six my lay in days are over but they are sincerely missed!!

I get up early whether at work or not.
At work its usually an early start and I was always the first in to make sure everything was in place for the day.
At home I get up early, check out the forum as being 8 hours ahead I miss all the late night fun! Have a coffee and do some jobs around the house or on the land while the others are still asleep.
As for daughters my one would lay in till 9 every morning if she could!

Lol I defiantly think being up early is the way forward I have pretty much the same routine as you but I'm in bed early every night so I too have to catch up on the shenanigans although I am a slave at times to the Mary Jane but it sets my pace for a tSunday. I also like the fact I see the sun rise every day whilst drinking a costa or loading lorrys either way I love the job and the early starts but on a Sunday I just wished I could manage a few extra hours whilst I can!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

And nine o'clock, my youngest is a 7 am show, my middle or is half six (with the exception of today to which I'm shocked she laced till half 7) and my eldest 6 would sleep for an eternity and does after the rows she has with the other half when it's school time. She must take after her!

Half 5 every morn without fail, if im lucky might get to 7 on a weekend if not working, but come 9 half 9 im back in bed getting ready for the next shift.
sometimes wake during the night but within half our im back in the land of nod.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

And as for the kids, well the boy will sleep till doomsday but the daughter is up at half 7 everyday.

Well as I'm only working 30 mins walk away I'm getting up at 7 bang on absolutely dreading when I move jobs lol earliest I've left was last year 10 to 4 to get to tones yard to get in the lorry for a job in sussex....... It got cancelled and had to got back to my normal job (round the corner) and got bolloxed for being late Fux sake

lol thats ur body clock for ya, even worse when ur on ur holidays, last year i fell asleep thinking about work following a phone call from my son and i nearly broke my neck when i jumped outta bed at 0630 thinking id overslept and i had the yard keys in my pocket which ment all the boys would be spitting feathers waiting for me.....then i relised i was in a 5* beach front in mauritius lol

Just wait till there teenagers mate, you'll be lucky to get them out of bed befotr 12 in the afternoon!:)

up at 5 work most sundays but Saturday i have off when at home which i spend taking my 3 lassies to their dancing classes.i get peace and quiet to read the SaturdaY papers while the good lady does the housework.
AHH YES ITS A MANS WORLD;)

Alan respect to what you are saying! But with addition to 3 daughters under six my lay in days are over but they are sincerely missed!!

Had 2 kids myself both in their 30's now. My problem was never having a lay in to miss!!
It matters not what time I go to bed the body clock wakes me up same time every day, then only time I have ever set an alarm is as back up when I am due to fly but always up before it. It's a bast*sd but I have gotten used to it now

Top Bottom