wheres the work coming from in 2017

dertboll

Reaction score
its getting very quiet, heard many big jobs coming off soon but nothing concrete, anyone heard whos manning for ferrybridge ?

I've struggled for the last 6 months. I lost a few contracts just on the result of the Brexit vote.

Who knows what the future holds, I know I'm being hammered on my rates by a plague of one man bands in bloody pick ups, the cash in hand brigade as I call them, no tickets, insurance or business overheads, operating out of their back garden and devaluing the whole industry.

I've struggled for the last 6 months. I lost a few contracts just on the result of the Brexit vote.

Who knows what the future holds, I know I'm being hammered on my rates by a plague of one man bands in bloody pick ups, the cash in hand brigade as I call them, no tickets, insurance or business overheads, operating out of their back garden and devaluing the whole industry.

Exactly the same here buddy. Loads of pick up's running around no cards, no insurance and under cutting everyone!

The trouble is guys tbh its easy to blame these 1 man bands but its where we all started - if your already established then they wont effect you & lets face it there trading time is limited- especially the way h&s is going.
If a contractor is willing to use sub standard services just becuase they're a few hundred quid cheeper - then more fool them..

We don't really come up against them with the stuff we go for, church work and historical stuff, they can't get anywhere near getting an enquiry sent.

Top Bottom