Starting out alone help with pricing guide

Your more than welcome and welcome to the forum New School.

Hi ya New school. Feel free to contribute as well as learn from this site. We all find out somthing new each day.

for a pair top lift decked out in layher how much should it be 50ftx50ft 2 lifts a builder tried telling me he was gettin this done for £600 not by cowboy either

were u from that sound slik my gaffer putting that price in 10x 10ft bays two lifts 2/3hours work 4 at the most

hey al i ope not mate cos we've never charged vat on new build,& on a recent audit from hmrc they never picked it up as wrong,the buiders excemption certificate that they are issued and should show u states that, i see your point but grey area as who is to say how much of the contract is labour and how much materials? all your doing is making loads of paperwork for yourself and being an unpaid collector of taxes :))

How high you going Ryan and are you supplying the gear?

if you supply materials to a site even hire you must charge vat, unless you do a split rate , its not worth the hassle, charge vat on every thing and you cant go wrong.

im starting up on my own and have bben in the game nearky 8 years fixing for 6.... i have a good idea on pricing just the only thing im struggling on pricing is beam work and lids.... any help would be appreciated....

Beam work would just be simply how you viewed it. I know some that just price it as if it was a solid square metreage and others either add or subtract as they see fit depending on how much they want the job. Lids are much the same only add plenty for drawings and kentledge. Don't underestimate roofs, easy to get them wrong.

Also remember anyone starting up in or around london most firms starting prices are £400 for the smallest of jobs,i mean ive heard of people doing jobs for 190 like wtf really

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I know your starting off and all want to get your name out there etc but always remember once you do it cheap once to get in there the roofer builder etc expect it all the time dont make a mug of the game out there lads theres plenty of work going around at the moment.

Oi ScaffoldTM stop hijacking everyones thread with a blatant sales pitch for your own book....ffs make ur own thread & if people want to read it & buy ur book then g8 if not do what everyone one else does who offers a service -PAY FOR YOUR OWN ADVERT- rather than use this as a free medium

Learn by your mistakes No better way and I won't b up twice lol

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

for a pair top lift decked out in layher how much should it be 50ftx50ft 2 lifts a builder tried telling me he was gettin this done for £600 not by cowboy either

Do I understand correctly that the scaffold is about 15 meters long and 15 meters high? And only two floors fully planked to be used of the contractor?

I dont really understand the lingo you guys in England about scaffold :)

Do I understand correctly that the scaffold is about 15 meters long and 15 meters high? And only two floors fully planked to be used of the contractor?

I dont really understand the lingo you guys in England about scaffold :)

Planks :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom