Question: Aberdeen transom? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
Impact Wrenches Old Bean PMSL

Aye, Old Scaff big changes, however, I got to say that the Old Skool set the standard when you were workin with the Likes Clem ( the Brush ) Buchan and M C to name but 2...legends like Mc Millan Bros, Cowboy McCormick, Newton Hill Mafia, Bobby Clifford ( RIP ), Rab McClain (RIP), Donnie McGrath, Ali Stewart all good boys...QUALITY...

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

PMSL Old Scaff...feck I remember when they put a Containeer aboard the Treasure finder with Drink for Christmas...feck sake Paddy Anderson tanned the pad lock and we drunk the feckin lot...that was the first and last time we got drink on a Shell Feild...we got Barbican after that ...Barstards

i was offshore in may and all i got out of the guy i was working with was i was on the underdeck and all the droppers were 21s,and when i said so fecking what he said they are too heavy and you shouldnt handle anything more than a 16.
the geezer was only offshore a year and before that was in the building trade and not building scaffolds eigther
changed days and not for the better

I Mr brush could empty any smoke shack but Mr Melon head fae Govan would fill any smokin cabin and talk till Mr brush turned up..
Big cowboy would have won his fight that night if it was not for the Kray twins sending up Barbara Windsor up with a big bottle of champagne the night before his fight
I and wee Ally shuold not have been on the front page of the PJ he would have got a better pay out and still not a Aberdeen tranny in sight

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Ps must not for get the time cowboy 20 stone and Jimmy plunkett 33 stone were erecting a job under deck and the rigging forman had the cheek to ask if it was load bearing and still no Aberdeen trannys,,, Feck me you should have seen him running when these two found out

PMSL. aye, a had a wee carry on wi Jimmy Melon Head Anderson in the Utility shaft on the Brent B one New Year trip LOL...

Cabin-ed up with Cowboy for 6 months on the 40 's, we always got a seat in the Movies LOL...used to tell me about the KGB followed him everywhere during the Olympics even followed him to the Chapel...aye, he thought that the Krays had a bundle on Terry Downs and wanted sent Babs to nobble him, feckin nae real eh...he said that he could have taken Downs too...

Aye, I feckin laughed my tits aff when Ali went for a salt water test, silly Cant front page , fecjed his claim...

OUR paths must have crossed at some time Old Scaff ???

Work on forties 1990 on charlie and delta work with Hally fae Maryhill top man in the Maryhill mafia good mate of cowboy

Aye, Hally, Frank McCally, Fredie, John, Angie Donny and Im nae sure if Gerry was their, John ( Cowboy ) and I worked in the same squad, Mc Fadian the bad yin was their ana...we were workin for Omisco in the late 80's I think it was, feck its at lang ago I cana mind...I remember Johns Daughter was going through Uni at the time...aye, I was the only Aberdonian there...Gentlemen one and all, John was the Man and Freddie was the presence that kept every one a Gentleman LOL...
A Happy Crew...

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

PMSL...aye, Jimmy Plunkett...the Man wi the 10 Stone heed...he used ti hiv ti reverse into the kazie, he wiz that big...

Last edited:
At that time You could have a crack play chicken in the somkers see what squad would go out first Ted watson would not come out of the Scaffs office when this lot was onboard Scaffold every were and not one person useing it and its the same to this day you can batter up scaffold for a full week and you never see any one useing it and .
The next time you go out on to any Rig have a look around you will say feck look at all these jobs up they must be busyon here but you will see the odd sea gill triming his feathers and saying there is no Aberdeen trannys on this job

PMSL. aye, a had a wee carry on wi Jimmy Melon Head Anderson in the Utility shaft on the Brent B one New Year trip LOL...

Cabin-ed up with Cowboy for 6 months on the 40 's, we always got a seat in the Movies LOL...used to tell me about the KGB followed him everywhere during the Olympics even followed him to the Chapel...aye, he thought that the Krays had a bundle on Terry Downs and wanted sent Babs to nobble him, feckin nae real eh...he said that he could have taken Downs too...

Aye, I feckin laughed my tits aff when Ali went for a salt water test, silly Cant front page , fecjed his claim...

OUR paths must have crossed at some time Old Scaff ???

Was that Jimmy Anderson who was nicknamed "pistol or revolver" or something to do with guns anyway??

HSWT

Na, his nick name is Melon Heed...good Guy just a bit quick wi the Mad eyes :eek:

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Aye, Manniewinaename...kint fine yid ken i gadgee cov ;)

Company man on the last hook up I was on. Is he still at it?

Hi Alistair...aye hes very much still in the mix...last sighing was AMEC then back to RBG...however, that has yet to be confirmed, by Interpol ;)

Best regards always

Garry...

He must be thinking of kicking back by now, been at the sharp end for some time.

HSWT

Na, his nick name is Melon Heed...good Guy just a bit quick wi the Mad eyes :eek:

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

When abscaff had that system/tube scaffolding all the trannies were called after him. Single cowies or double cowies. So old Sammy Buchan, god rest him, told us young lads.

HSWT

Could be him Garry. Just seem to recall hearing some stories about him and guns!!Always stopped when he came in the smoke shed though!! He was a master at lashing with the auld spanner though?

JA the melon head also had a we pet name for himself The Barretta.... dont no if this is the way you spell it,
A First genaration north sea Tiger he like to play the Glasgow Hard man but deep down he was a good bloke and its funny in a way. if you every watch chewing the fat on you tube and type in the Big man this is the stone wall double of JA the only thing thats missing his a hard hat and spanners

JA the melon head also had a we pet name for himself The Barretta.... dont no if this is the way you spell it,
A First genaration north sea Tiger he like to play the Glasgow Hard man but deep down he was a good bloke and its funny in a way. if you every watch chewing the fat on you tube and type in the Big man this is the stone wall double of JA the only thing thats missing his a hard hat and spanners

chewing fat the loks class gonna have a gander see if they got the box set is it worth a watch

Funniest thing on TV for a while, the wee boys at the ice cream van when she asked if they wanted a swatch of her fanny was classic.:laugh::laugh:

Funniest thing on TV for a while, the wee boys at the ice cream van when she asked if they wanted a swatch of her fanny was classic.:laugh::laugh:

THe big man i knew offshore had initials of RF, a member of the hole in the ceiling gang, not the hole in the wall. Real hard man from glasgow.

Top Bottom