Sccr how many have bothered (1 Viewer)

As usual the status quo want to run things without being challenged.Surround themselves with yes men, I always thought it was the masses that made the changes,not any more. Spineless suits sitting in offices mocking the men that put them there. Loads of Sep blatters,just what we need.

i think phil is getting the SCCR and the NASC mixed up,is it not the NASC who have the WE ARE RIGHT AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS WRONG SO FECK THEM ATTITUDE.
I personally think that it is a cartel that has monopolised the scaffolding game,and not always for the better.

i think phil is getting the SCCR and the NASC mixed up,is it not the NASC who have the WE ARE RIGHT AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS WRONG SO FECK THEM ATTITUDE.
I personally think that it is a cartel that has monopolised the scaffolding game,and not always for the better.

So if you are talking from an SCCR viewpoint, why would you want to work alongside the NASC?

And if that is the general attitude directed at them, why would the NASC want anything to do with the SCCR?

It's all a bit confusing.

The NASC have 230 members.

They have control of CISRS.

Every scaffolder I have spoken to says that CISRS could be improved.

Help to get more companies working to best practice not just NASC ones will benefit the whole Industry.

Put pressure on local government to only use company's who are insured & trained can only benefit the whole Industry pressure on the Cowboys!!.

If an organisation is going to let competitors audit to allow membership then they have made a rod for there own back.

If you class slagging to be the above then maybe you are a bit timid for the scaffolding Industry.

I have been in the scaffolding game for 30 years & the only reason I have got involved with the SCCR is that I do not feel represented by my Industry Body.

In Cornwall we have nearly 50 scaffolding companies only 4 are NASC, to show off we have 5 SCCR!!

The same story goes right across the country, all we want is to give a voice to the whole Industry not just those who can afford it.

If you do not understand or like what we are doing then fine I am very thick skinned & will take all the abuse you want to give me.

Phil I think you have a problem with one member of the SCCR committee & think you should just contact them direct & stop harping on about it & dragging the rest of us into your feud. We are run by a committee & have to vote on all matters concerning the SCCR & what it does, as I said yesterday the fact that we all have our own opinions is good & they may be shared on the forum as that is what it is there for but you will not find that on the SCCR site.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

The NASC have 230 members.

They have control of CISRS.

Every scaffolder I have spoken to says that CISRS could be improved.

Help to get more companies working to best practice not just NASC ones will benefit the whole Industry.

Put pressure on local government to only use company's who are insured & trained can only benefit the whole Industry pressure on the Cowboys!!.

If an organisation is going to let competitors audit to allow membership then they have made a rod for there own back.

If you class slagging to be the above then maybe you are a bit timid for the scaffolding Industry.

I have been in the scaffolding game for 30 years & the only reason I have got involved with the SCCR is that I do not feel represented by my Industry Body.

In Cornwall we have nearly 50 scaffolding companies only 4 are NASC, to show off we have 5 SCCR!!

The same story goes right across the country, all we want is to give a voice to the whole Industry not just those who can afford it.

If you do not understand or like what we are doing then fine I am very thick skinned & will take all the abuse you want to give me.

Phil I think you have a problem with one member of the SCCR committee & think you should just contact them direct & stop harping on about it & dragging the rest of us into your feud. We are run by a committee & have to vote on all matters concerning the SCCR & what it does, as I said yesterday the fact that we all have our own opinions is good & they may be shared on the forum as that is what it is there for but you will not find that on the SCCR site.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

Where's the feud? I have no idea who is on your committee and I don't particularly care.

If you actually took the time and effort to read my posts, then you might see that I am raising valid and honest opinion.

The SCCR isn't the only alternative to the NASC. A large regional group up North is the ANSC, so you've created nothing new. Although they seem to go about their business in a business like manner.

I have worked in the scaffolding industry for 20 years, I'm no little kid mate. You cannot expect everyone to have the same opinions as you (and a lot of people don't!) But there's no need to make personal comments and try and find an alternative slant on my opinions.

I too am very thick skinned.

Last edited:
Sorry if I have got the wrong end of the stick Phil & read too much into a feud!!

I have never promoted the SCCR as the only alternative to the NASC & neither have any other committee member.

We are national & have members in England, Scotland Wales & Ireland,

As well as Australia & the Philippines.

Smack my wrist with a ruler for getting over passionate about things.:push:

Stewart

Gent
This is my opinion and thoughts only.

The NASC has work hard for the scaffolding industry over the year however it seem to be only about getting money from the working man. I will give you an example many lads have asked on this forum for a copy of Documents that the NASC has produced ie TG20.
This document is what all scaffolder are asked to work to however have you seen the cost to buy it £££ ?
If the NASC want to improve the standards then I fully support that !! But to change things without consultation at root level is going to push the working man into a corner, that is why I have opted to become a active member of the SCCR.
In the modern world from a very young age we are given the choice to question what we feel is not rite !! In other countries they are lead by a dictator, without the choice we have.
So my question is what gives the rite to the NASC to belittle scaffolder on this forum / SCCR " school kids" I think was the words used????
If the NASC wants to be open to the scaffolder the publish the min's from there meeting so we can all see what is being preposed or rejected ???
Why does the NASC not become a member of the forum and post threads asking scaffolder there opion ???? ( yes they will get a hard time of some but out of 100 replys if they get 1 good reply then that could save a life ) ????
Why does the NASC not sit down with the SCCR and see what we are bring to the table ? Then if they think we are kids tell use why and walk away ??????

Phil you say that you no lads on the NASC and that they know about the forum so please ask them to reply to the question being asked by the scaffolders and not some suit that has not seen a set of spanner for some years.

Last edited:
AFTER SEEING A POST BY PADDY STATING 7000 MEMBERS ON THE FORUM,I POSED THE QUESTION HOW MANY HAVE ACTUALLY BOTHERED SENDING OFF THE £10 TO JOIN THE SCCR.
THEY ALL COME ON HERE MOANING ABOUT THE INDUSTRY, THE NASC,WAGE RATES THE STEP AND ANY NUMBER OF ****,BUT THE ONE BODY SET UP BY THE SCAFFOLDERS TO WORK FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE SCAFFOLDERS I DONT THINK HAS ANYWERE NEAR THE 7000 ODD MEMBERS.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG LADS:mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I would also like to add that forum members are running the sccr are doing it for nothing, for no self gain whatsoever.
I salute you all,the rest of yous get yer finger oot and the tenner

I haven't bothered because of the militant and unionised slant to the whole project.

The SCCR are one hand saying that they want to work alongside the NASC and the CISRS and at the same time have already alienated both organisations with biased, malicious and generally unfounded comments on this forum. They then wonder why they won't send a rep to attend their meetings and answer their questions!

As for membership, I'd be very suprised if it has reached 100.

i can't imagine you could find a bettermreason to join than the one you have just used as an argument not to phil........i'm sure the lads who are running it would welcome your imput as it would make the sccr better placed to represent us scaffs as a whole.........which is the core of what they are trying to achive.....a voice for us, because as we all know scaffs are still getting the shity end of the stick on the vast majority of sites in the uk

one simple answer,if these organisations cisrs or nasc were run or overseen by scaffs or ex scaffs,with common sense instead of textbook qualifications,things wouldnt be in this mess..

one simple answer,if these organisations cisrs or nasc were run or overseen by scaffs or ex scaffs,with common sense instead of textbook qualifications,things wouldnt be in this mess..

A bit like ...say a business man who owns a football club and hasn't a clue about football bringing in an ex footballer to help ??
And I won't mention Mike Ashley & Dennis Wise :D

wooooo Steady on RV,thats a bit below the belt,when you brng a mans footie team into it..lol

Surprise surprise doubting Thomas 181.......................................................................

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I haven't bothered because of the militant and unionised slant to the whole project.

The SCCR are one hand saying that they want to work alongside the NASC and the CISRS and at the same time have already alienated both organisations with biased, malicious and generally unfounded comments on this forum. They then wonder why they won't send a rep to attend their meetings and answer their questions!

As for membership, I'd be very suprised if it has reached 100.

280 at the latest count, me old china:D

Top Bottom