getting customers to pay (1 Viewer)

b-safe1

Reaction score
spend half day chaseing money when should be working, or at home with family. 1 customer called me to take down a job he had finshed with i know he had been payed by his customer he said he had not. so i tell him when i get my money i will take it down. 3 weeks later no money this morning 5.30 i go round his customers start banging the tubes bloke comes to window and say what the f--k you think you do. say here to inspecting scaffold have to do it every week, he say why is it not been taken down tell him not been payed. by 10.30 builder in yard with money.

Thats the way to get your money. I normaly say your on the top of the list and will pop round for the money normaly get money next day...
I must smell or somthing

Guys if you are finding that you are spending a lot of time chasing money owed to you, get in touch with us - we can provide you a Business Legal insurance package which includes debt recovery (typically if a debt is still owed more than 30 days after it was due), and recover the money for you.

I have been waiting months for a final payment on an other wise good couple of jobs and thought I would try this.

Things are getting tough here, the kids have no clothes and very little to eat but I keep telling them, don't worry Uncle Jimmy has been on the phone and promised to make payment very soon. They just don't understand how busy you are Jimmy especially the little one who is now too weak to clamber out the bottom drawer but I actually think he is at it, they just need to toughen up.

Anyway Jimmy, I hope all is well with you and yours I know you will be in touch very soon but if my family have starved to death in the mean time would you just pass our payment on to the cat and dog home as I hate to see these poor animals suffer.

Kind Regards
Slim xxx

No answer back yet he must be out to lunch.:suspicious:

I have been waiting months for a final payment on an other wise good couple of jobs and thought I would try this.

Things are getting tough here, the kids have no clothes and very little to eat but I keep telling them, don't worry Uncle Jimmy has been on the phone and promised to make payment very soon. They just don't understand how busy you are Jimmy especially the little one who is now too weak to clamber out the bottom drawer but I actually think he is at it, they just need to toughen up.

Anyway Jimmy, I hope all is well with you and yours I know you will be in touch very soon but if my family have starved to death in the mean time would you just pass our payment on to the cat and dog home as I hate to see these poor animals suffer.

Kind Regards
Slim xxx

Hahahahahahhaahhhaha

AOM that has made my day mate proper class , maybe the reason uncle Jimmy has not replied is he is tearing down the motorway to bring much needed food and money for the wee lad who cant get out the draw

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

make sure you let us know what the nasty uncle Jimmy says

Glad you liked it, the laugh will be on me if he really does pay the fekin cat and dog home.:(

Guys if you are finding that you are spending a lot of time chasing money owed to you, get in touch with us - we can provide you a Business Legal insurance package which includes debt recovery (typically if a debt is still owed more than 30 days after it was due), and recover the money for you.

Tell us what the typical costs are per k:wondering:

I'm using a descent mob just now who are quite expensive but do get results but the charge will vary depending of the age of the debt. I think on average it's around 5% of the invoice total.

one thing to point out here guys is a way in which we can all help each other,
you normally smell a rat but sometimetimes the greed factor clouds your judgement,
when asked to come to a site and take down the scaffold that the previous company has left up because they havnt got time to take it down and as payment you can keep the materials- or get called in by a third party to strike for cash---JUST ASK YOURSELF WHY,AND MAYBE EVEN TRY AND CONTACT THE SCAFFOLD COMPANY TO GET ANOTHER VIEW OF THE SITUATION BEFORE YOU BISH,BOSH AND COLLECT YOUR DOSH - AND MAKE THEM LOSE THEIR FOOTHOLD AND CASH AT THE SAME TIME YOU UNWITTINGLY STEAL THEIR MATERIALS- so take heed especially if your asked to do work on sandys lane,kingswood,surrey and if it was any forum member i would greatly appriciate a pm

Not good SP in fact down right shady if you ask me. The first thing I did when someone came with just such a request was contact the company in question, just common decency really.

I'm using a descent mob just now who are quite expensive but do get results but the charge will vary depending of the age of the debt. I think on average it's around 5% of the invoice total.

Are they local to you aom,or are they a national outfit?and have they successfully collected for you?..........just cant trust anyone,lol

They are not local they are from Hamilton, the Mrs deals with them more than me as she has no patience for chasing debt and sells it very quickly which can upset a few people but feck them. I would need to speak to her for a more thorough explanation of their charges. The thing that surprised me most about this firm is it's all females working for them. I'm not sexist or anything just didn't think it would be a womans job to be honest but they are very good.

Are they local to you aom,or are they a national outfit?and have they successfully collected for you?..........just cant trust anyone,lol

Bf, my lot might be worth talking too right enough. They have been chasing a couple of debts for me over the past couple off weeks and one unfortunately looks like they are going to fold but they still made a part payment and the other is one I had totally given up on until they called to make a credit card payment which means they would rather owe a high fee charging card company than Aom.:cool:

Women can be a lot more firm and when chasing bad debt , i have seen my old women on the phone and thought , iam glad she aint on my case and she is quick to email the debt collector we use , even taking out winding up orders on bad payers .

SP i would never touch another firms gear i always thought it was an unwritten law and like you say if someone ask you to you gotta ask yourself WHY they wont take it down themselves

Top Bottom