CISRS has announced that from 01 June 2017 New Mandatory Requirement For Scaff's

Aye Bro…Im feeling a bit punch drunk with it all…

Anyway Bro, How was the trip ???

S+F

Garry...

I wonder if there was any consultation with the big players within the oil & gas & offshore industries.
I suspect most of what is proposed will be around onshore orientated working practices where the support I.e. RAMS, procedures etc. is not available.
The impact of this is likely to be pushed to the individual & not picked up by the companies!!!

Another money making scheme to fund all expenses trips to flash Dubai hotels.
Keep that gravy train rolling at the expense of the hard working scaffolder Mr Mosley. You can hide it all under the cover of HSE and continuous improvement but you can fool all of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time but you cant fool all the people all of the time.

Ive renewed mine.....Was east this time round being overseas. A trip back home for a week or so in 5 years. Good excuse for a trip home though

Hi

Any other Brother Scaff got a comment on the Course Content ???
Just to add Garry I am just about to renew mine which will be valid til 2021 then I'm finished on the spanner. I just wont do a course after 38 years in the game in order to have to pay to go back to school.
Suppose I could always take to piracy on the high seas, at least its honest thievery. :(

Another money making scheme to fund all expenses trips to flash Dubai hotels.
Keep that gravy train rolling at the expense of the hard working scaffolder Mr Mosley. You can hide it all under the cover of HSE and continuous improvement but you can fool all of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time but you cant fool all the people all of the time.

Well said Fred. They've never fooled me. I'm on to them. ;)

CISRS CPD Courses Announced
CISRS has announced that from 1 June 2017 it will introduce a two day Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course, which will become a mandatory requirement prior to Scaffolder or Advanced Scaffolder card renewal.
CPD is an issue which has been discussed at length within the sector for over 10 years. Following correspondence with the HSE in 2015 urging CISRS to introduce CPD, as the scheme had been in existence for over 40 years without a formal route, it was agreed that the introduction of CPD would ensure that cardholders were kept up to date with the latest legislation and industry guidance.
“We are aware that good employers strive to keep their workforce up to speed with changes within the industry, but this is not always the case. With a transient workforce and no formal programme for achieving this we cannot be sure exactly what information has been passed onto whom.
“The basic principle of CPD and/or refresher training is a good one. However, we are all too aware that this comes at a cost not only for the training itself, but also loss of production etc. As such we are looking to ensure that the course provides the most gain for the least pain and offers the scaffolder and their employer some real value added training,” said Dave Mosley, CISRS Scheme Manager.
CPD has been a regular agenda item at Access and Scaffolding Industry Training Organisation (ASITO) meetings, and a working party of CISRS representatives, scaffolding contractors and training providers was formed to take this forward. Mike Burr, Managing Director of LTC Group 87 and a member of the CPD working party said: “The introduction of CPD for CISRS card holders will be another much needed step forward within our ever progressing industry and will receive my full support in my role as ASITO Chairman. As both an employer and training provider to the scaffold industry we welcome the introduction of CPD to further underpin what is already an excellent nationally recognised scheme.”
The working group began to put together a “wish list” of topics which they felt should be included within a CPD course aiming to focus on essential areas.
Full details will be confirmed later in the year, but it is proposed that CISRS CPD Course Content will cover:
* SG4:15 – Inclusive of SG19 and harness training.
* TG20:13 – Inclusive of masonry anchors.
* General scaffolding knowledge testing.
* RAMS.
* SG6 – Manual handling, inclusive of ropes and wheels and knots.
* MATS.
* Scaffold inspection.
* Trends in accidents and reporting accidents.
* Part Two re-cap.
* Impact wrenches.
* Vehicles.
* Communication – Inclusive of scaffolder responsibilities and behaviour.
* Edge protection and roof works.
* Drugs and alcohol.
* PPE – Responsibilities of employer.
* Incomplete scaffolds – Inclusive of signage and access.
* System scaffold awareness.
* Protection of the public.
CISRS are also looking to include a Health & Safety test within the 2-day
course which would then be accepted as a recognised exemption to the current
Health and Safety and Environment Test (H&S&E). As such the scaffolder would not
have to lose additional time undertaking the H&S&E test on another working day.
The courses will be delivered by CISRS Accredited training providers. The
majority of the course content will be the same for both Scaffolders and
Advanced Scaffolders – with the main difference being the scaffold structures
used for the practical inspection sessions.
Dave Mosley added: “Now the basic principle has been agreed we will be
working to fine tune the content. We really feel that the introduction of CPD is right
for the scheme and the industry. We realise that this is a big change for the sector
and as such we are giving everyone plenty of notice before this goes live, we want
all scaffolders and employers to be aware that CPD is coming.”
For a full a list of approved CISRS training providers, further details about
CISRS card courses, OSTS news, training changes following the introduction of
SG4:15 and TG20:13, information and dates on courses available or to find out
more about CISRS, please visit CISRS or email enquiries@cisrs.org.uk for
more assistance.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I Think Theses Two Days Will Be At Least £200 plus.

Is it a 2 day or 2 week course?

Good of Dave to try and get the touchscreen test included in the deal. He's nothing if not a gent.

Thats me joining the other idiots with no insurance running about then! Tossers sat in offices thinking of ways to get more cash, JOKE.

Last edited:
ellon with regards to the big 4 as you call them the only one that is CITB NASC affiliated is cape,who will have been involved in any dealings
salamis or bilfinger as they are now and rigblast/stork/fleur couldnt give a feck but will demand you need an in date CISRS card before any employment offer.any enhabced training to keep this card will be up to you.Given the class of offshore personell nowadays you will pay for it yersel son.
ACTION NEEDS TO TAKEN MAYBE SCAFFOLDERS CAN LOBBY THEIR MPS BUT AS IVE STATED BEFORE SOME TRYED TO STOP THE ROTT BUT THE HANGERS ON JUST SAT AND LOOKED ON

again the big boys who can do

more money from each individual and companies alike where does it stop ??

wait till you cant get a course when it all kicks in and there aren't enough courses to go around then you have to travel up north or down south to do the course and its more expense for all involved then they start giving the courses to any company that will run it
it then becomes a farce because all they want is your money their trainers cant be arsed after a while and the course turns into a 2 day sit there and listen to **** then get away early both days or really early on the second day (COTS COURSE IN MIND)
because that's what happens on them somebody shouid look into these companies who do the training you only need to do the maths the price of the course x the persons = a lot of money you take the Scaffold supervisors course 5 days x 12 persons all paying £795.00 = £9,540 for a week 1 trainer 1 classroom ????? how much do these people really need to make profit?? I think I need to get into the training side of the industry I think lol here endeth the rant.

I wonder if the CPD Course will be rolled out to include Overseas Tickets ???

KKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrcccchhinnnng...

The CISRS cartel has left a sour taste in my mouth for a long time. How f@cking stupid do they think everyone is?
There should be a unilateral refusal to pay.
There won't be though, far too many spineless f@cking half wits that will do whatever it takes to 'get the job'.

This is a case of the tail wagging the dog if it wasnt for us these pricks wouldnt have a job so butt out I was sent to Bircham Newton 1978 and was told my CITB card would last a lifetime lying *****

Too many training centers, they had to come up with something for them to do!! Does this mean we will be considered a skilled trade when this happens? I can understand keeping scaffolders up to date but that can be done by e-mail with the changes we have. Up date the CISRS data base & send all scaffolders safety bulletins etc. They make enough many out of the training to cover this. Would be interested what they deem to be a major change that warrants this! What has change in 20 years! Tie patterns, you fix to the wall instead of lashing to the cast iron down pipes. The sway went from one bay to two bays then back to one bay & someone went crazy with check fittings!!!!! Then before that we had to put in a double handrail.

Anything else anyone can think of?

Scaffolders can read their emails.......,

That wouldn't happen for the majority of the lads I know, if it's not a phone they're not interested!

I'm dud to renew my card in 2020. It won't be happening, back to college at 45 to learn a new trade me thinks as I begrudge giving these thieving ******** more money .

[/COLOR]Overheard conversation between Minister of F*ck ups & his Secretary (Wife)

Dear the British Scaffolders are revolting
Are they experienced?
Yes dear
No worry's keep bleeding them
Dear the price of their Labours per day will increase
No Worry's give me the contact numbers of all Euro Hire Companys for Scaffolders.
There are several thousand agency's dear who will cover the phone bill?
British Taxpayer on second thoughts I don't want kicking off the Cow cash Train as i'm in business class.I will have to think of another Scam.

To be continued.

Last edited:
I see that NASC/CISRS has underscored their approval of the I.W by including it in the CPD…

Strange, cos I got slaughtered for tabling the concept some 16 years ago :cool:

I'm not sure that they are underscoring their approval, more highlighting concerns and the many potential pitfalls that can befall an unwary operator, especially when using the evermore common unbranded pressed steel fitting.

Top Bottom