Who are you with?

Sorry Al missunderstood the original post....google faradays or BGT both are underwritten by ink & very similar in price however the sevice we've received from dean spurdens @ bgt has been 2nd to none

I will do, ink were one of the first insurers I ever used but they had far too many exclusions for me. We are a strange wee firm when it comes to insurance, we do bridges, steeples, work over water, sometimes in water but it equates to a very small percentage of TO. We are paying too much for the work we do but I don't want to be running back and forward to an insurer to check if we are covered or not every time I price a job.

I spoke with our broker today, who now understands my position and my disappointment at getting hit in this manner, we have another extension to look for better value quotes. If it all comes unstuck in the next day or too, I will hit google.

Similar experiance with us - demo work & rigging,rope work the %of this type of work we did compared to the extra premium they wanted made it uneconomical to continue with that cover...anything outta the norm now prequote i just check the excess reqiired & load the price accordingly.

I'll be interested in your findings AOM, mine Runs out in May we paid £8200 last year for 4 employees, only thing we add is ships.

The results are in and we are now paying 7K for 7 employee's. Got it reduced a bit but it's the way they work out their premiums that annoy me, it has nothing to do with risk or history and all to do with ability to pay. Aviva are still the cheapest with most others approaching the 10K mark and others bursting it. They tell me it's based on my turn over, the perceived high risk as we don't want a height limit and we work in substations, bridges and over water. A top tip from Aom for cheaper insurance would be, tell the c@nts you are only doing street jobs 4 lifts high and pilfer as much cash as possible in the sky rocket to keep the TO down and you are onto a right winner.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Oh aye, forgot to mention we will now be getting another audit from them as well that I also need to pay for. I wonder if they will send someone who knows what a toe board is this time?

mines just in 7k for 4 employees and your right they said its all on turnover too. Problem i have is they decided to put a 25m cap on it, wonder how much it will go up when i say remove it

At least yours is on the way down compared to last year though. I think removing the limit will depend on percentage spent over their usual height but to be honest from what I have seen I would be careful about asking too many questions as the answer is usually higher premiums.

I am still having trouble with 3.5 ton ldv insurance can't get any driver only over 25s was paying about £550 now nearly a grand and I've got 8years Ncb Aviva seems to be best at the moment has any one got any more ideas thanks .

We have a VW crafter 2008 plate on with nfu any driver over 25 and fully comp and thats on at £750 a year

You could also have a look at Trade Direct Insurance. I don't know how they compare but I do know they are very visable on the web and good communication/ contactable.

Nfu said I have a dodgy post code ie motor crime thanks

Unfortunatly the 'RM' postcodes do attract higher premimums due to the perception of a higher crime rate in the area. I moved away from that area in 2006 and my insurance's dropped dramatically.

Unfortunatly the 'RM' postcodes do attract higher premimums due to the perception of a higher crime rate in the area. I moved away from that area in 2006 and my insurance's dropped dramatically.
I should have told them the yard post code it comes under Brentwood but it was so cheap last year I didn't think it mattered .just wanted to cover my self at home ,try to be honest and fu ck your self

I am still having trouble with 3.5 ton ldv insurance can't get any driver only over 25s was paying about £550 now nearly a grand and I've got 8years Ncb Aviva seems to be best at the moment has any one got any more ideas thanks .

Out of intrest, how do you guys run on a 3.5 ton? You can only get about a front on them things.

Top Bottom