Algeria... The lies end HERE!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaffy

As I understand it Jay and 3 other Scaffs

And possibly the Manager who (made the decision to recruit UK Scaffs to up the tempo to complete the Project by end of June ) apparently he no longer works for Cape-East...

Workshy - wernt a dig mate , i was lost and now i get the picture !!
Many thanks

no worries. just saying everyone needs theyre fair say in things before people start the slating is all. i dont like to see people getting stick for something when no one, even the workmen involved dont know the full details of what happened.

no worries. just saying everyone needs theyre fair say in things before people start the slating is all. i dont like to see people getting stick for something when no one, even the workmen involved dont know the full details of what happened.

So uve thrown the gauntlet lets see if he replies which if professional he should.

Workshy

Quite right, there never was an explanation in the email only that the Guy that made the decision to hire UK Scaffs was no longer there and so the UK Scaffs were no longer required...

Cape-East may give an more detailed explanation in due course...

it may well be that the high heid yins as we say in the bonnieland have decided to bring in other nationalities IE phillipino,indian etc.cape east as a company have thousands of these people located all over the middle east and elsewere.it wasnt that long ago they tryed to take them off shore as scaffolders on the bg armada 2007.
maybe scotontour was trying for british scaffs,and got overruled at the last minute

I would have to agree that economics could well be the deciding element in the decision---Training Facilities are becoming more established through out the Globe, indeed, some are superseding the UK learning outcomes and therefore a serious contender when it comes to Manning a Project with Trained and Ticketed Scaffolders...

could we end up with a scenario similar to the masters pillar.
or as disney put it the magician and the apprentice

not even sure about the last 1 but you know the one.
the moral was show them the tricks but not all the tricks ;)
im going to my bed night night

Hi guys...

Disclaimer: Before i start, im getting drunk and im going to speak from the heart and tell the truth about the 'Algeria' thing... and im also REALLY f.cuing angry... more then i have been in a long time, far more then the threads that have been posted about me of late

This original thread started that:

or found here >>> click here <<<

Now... a good few hundred Scaffolders applied for this job, including Myself and Garry Adams... 6 was picked.

The member Scotontour or, as some might know him as: Craig Stephen is the supposed 'Project Manager' on this project... but to be fair, he couldn't organise a 10 year olds birthday party in McDonalds.

Ive worked for some really really REALLY bad Firms in the past and the 'so-called' communication from this guy has been dreadful... boarding on shiite.

Each of us 6 contacted each other and struck up a friendship.
I grew close to each bloke and i now consider each of the other 5: Ben, James, Graham, Garry and Stuart a friend.
We texted every other day and spoke on the phone a few times a week, including Skype chats.

Craig/Scotontour works for Cape East... which apparently are a 'professional' Company.

Let me set the fact straight: They are a total f.ucking joke.
We, us 6 (inc. Me) had to chase them up, had to ring them, had to sort things out ourselves... something that THEY should have done, from the start.

Cape East and the Management that Craig Stevens offers is the biggest farcical waste of time ive ever known in all the years i have been Scaffolding...

In the last few months, which i should have already been in Algeria working, had to chase them up for everything... They was late sorting our Visa's, they was late sorting everything.

First, they dumped Stuart... without even offering an explanation nor a sorry... then Garry pulled out, due to the job not seeming all it was.

Which left us to the last 4. Myself, Ben, Graham and James.
We ALL stuck in there, all remained loyal and hopefull that this job would come off.
(Even after Garry left the crew... and i KNEW that if a Scaffolder of Garrys standing had second thoughts = something was wrong)

We all paid money on things for the trip.
We all f.ucked our existing employers about...
We all messed our families about.
We all made ourselves look stupid, by believing this was a 'so-called' opportunity.

It was not...
It was a piss take.
It was a f.ucking joke.
It was a debacle of epic proportions.

The Algeria job is NOT going to happen and if it does, id hate to think that the monkies working for Cape East, ie: Craig Steven and Brian Summers would even be-able to guarantee our safety and wellbeing, if we did go... let alone make sure our wages were paid into the bank each month.

I posted this thread as a fore-warning to others looking to work for Cape East and Scotontour/Craig Stevens.

Beware this man.
He brings ignorance and incompetence to a whole new level...

I mean, even after Garry pulled out, some 3/4 weeks ago they STILL sent him an email today, explaining the job was off for the next week, maybe indefinitely.

How thick are these c.unts??? :worried:
Do they not communicate?
Not even a little??? :suspicious:

So, for me the Algeria job is off, for good.
I will NOT be going... and ill continue to work as i have been for D&R (Rail Div.) in London, until another job comes up abroad.

I dont care about 'burnt bridges' nor do i care about comebacks.
My Spanner on site does my talking and im VERY confident in my abilities at work to post this thread with my head held high.
Theres not a Firm in the world who will stop earning money for myself or my kids... f.uck Cape East and f.uck Craig.

I only feel sorry for those other guys... my new friends who have given up and joacked in alot more then me, to be let down time and time again for these knobs who are running the LNG/Arzew Algeria job.

I still like to keep in contact with my new found mates, Garry, James, Ben, Graham and Stuart.
I WILL keep in contact with them.

Replies?
I dont give a f.uck...

Comments?
I dont give a f.uck...

Sarcasm?
I dont give a f.uck...

All i care about is that the guys here KNOW what putting time, effort and faith into Cape east means...

It means NOTHING.

They are NOT to be trusted.

Thanks for your time.
Jason Gibbs.

Quiet a read, you say they were late with the visas .did you eventually get them. Who paid for them?

And before any one starts this is not a slagging match, just interested in the thread.I don’t like to see genuine guys get messed about.

Sorry to hear the final outcome.
I had made several posts on other threads saying that it was hard to believe Cape PLC would be using a forum to recruit when they have a massive HR department at their disposal, that the guys would be lucky to be met at the airport and that the company have a reputation for making final payment difficult.
This problem is a worldwide one for Cape. The senior management is littered with family members and friends of friends with only a few people who know what they are doing employed so that the others keep their cushy numbers.
The scaffold manager in Algeria had previously been removed from another project in Australia for incompetence and yet ended up in Algeria (his brother has a senior role with Cape). Project histories throughout the world are full of stories of incompetence and bad management.
Once again it proves that CAPE stands for CANT ARRANGE PEOPLES EMPLOYMENT.

gutted for jason and the rest of the 6 , out of order. Having spent 600 quid going to holland then being told , not good enough , thats why i started the van thiel /harsco thread , with the animation/video on the job to be built , i am fuckin raging , thissss ijssss fuuuuccckkkiinnn ouuut oooff orrrddeerrr , i am fuccckkiinn reaaally drunk , trhis isss fuckin ****

I think it will benefit all if scotontour would tell his side of the story and put all this to bed.

He at least owes the lads that out of respect.

Am sorry it never worked out for you lads.

Last edited:
My too mate...

The last thing i wanted was to make this thread up... i wanted, what everyone else wanted - to go out there, earn money and experience work in another place, whack it on our CV and move onto to ventures new.

But after weeks and weeks and weeks of let downs, put backs, cancellations and very poor communications - then to pay for our Jabs, out of our own pockets, buy stuff for the trip out of our own pockets, jack jobs in... only to finally get our Visa's sorted, glued into our passports, stamped and all - to then be told AGAIN that for another bullshiit reason, that the job was to be put back again and maybe (more then likely) cancelled was the straw that broke the camels back.

Enough was enough.
Theres good blokes now looking for work again after this final blow, which they should NOT be doing.

Myself? Im lucky that my boss thinks alot of me and ive seen my kids the past few weeks, so ill be back to work as usual on Monday.

They other guys aint been so lucky. :(

The organisation of this outfit is shocking... not what i would expect from a multinational Firm.

big picture

sat here on the couch its easy to quote hindsight,try to keep the emotion out of it as burning bridges eventually leaves you on an island,sound like the powers that be got there noses put out of joint and sh*t im afraid rolls downhill.Really feel for the blokes involved but let sconontour have his say as i dont think him advertising it on here,knowing people knew who he was ,there was genuine mallice in the job falling through,maybe hes on capes forum slagging his bosses off!every bloke involved should be contacted by him and apologies and full explanation given,also any one of the six out on their ear now stick it on here and im sure the forum will help to get you sorted,best of luck to all involved!

only in scaffolding , hopefully scotontour will give some sort of explanation

Aww Jay, what a bummer after all he preparations. :sad2:

It puts recent spats on these forums into perspective. Still, I think your kids might be secretly happy that they will see more of you. Fatherhood at their stage of life is only going to happen once - and you still have your regular job.

That said, you've got the visa and the jabs - surely you are available quickly if a real opportunity arises.

Sorry to hear that it's all gone pear-shaped mate.

Hopefully everyone involved can move on to good things and learn from the experience.

gutted for jason and the rest of the 6 , out of order. Having spent 600 quid going to holland then being told , not good enough , thats why i started the van thiel /harsco thread , with the animation/video on the job to be built , i am fuckin raging , thissss ijssss fuuuuccckkkiinnn ouuut oooff orrrddeerrr , i am fuccckkiinn reaaally drunk , trhis isss fuckin ****

I find it hard 6 advanced scaffolders been told they were not good enough, not good enough at what?

i was referring to myself , asked to do a trade test , told i/we were ok, then suddenly not good enough , even though id worked offshore with sgb/harsco before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom